cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order seemingly cancelled without notification

f_s_1
Hooked

New order seemingly cancelled without notification

I ordered unlimited fibre extra after moving in to a new home at the end of June.

I paid the installation fee of £76.98 on 26th June, and selected the earliest date available for the engineer to visit (7/7/20 AM).

I took time off work this morning to wait for the engineer, and while waiting I decided to check if there was any additional information on my account page.

To my surprise, when checking the help assistant page, I found two open questions (which I did not ask) which seem to say my order was cancelled. I had no email/text/other notifications of this until I checked this specific help page.

The most recent question from 1/7/20 states:

"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved."

The other question mentions not being able to order the phone service (I don't recall ordering this), followed by a lengthy error message which I won't post here.

I just want to know what is going on with my order.
7 REPLIES 7
f_s_1
Hooked

Re: New order seemingly cancelled without notification

Just to follow my previous message: the engineer didn't turn up yesterday.

I couldn't get through to anyone on the phone about this, leaving this forum as the only means of communication with plusnet.

I understand we're currently in difficult times, so I don't want to vent my frustration at anyone. I'd just appreciate it if someone could tell me what is going on with my order.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @f_s_1

I can see you've spoken with our support team regarding this and everything is now in hand,

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
f_s_1
Hooked

Thanks. I got notification that my router had been shipped last week, and got a delivery note for it when I was out at work.

Unfortunately, there was no tracking number or any other useful information on this slip, simply "will call back later", which never happened. I opened a question about this on my plusnet account on 17th July, but have had no response yet.

My engineer visit is scheduled for tomorrow morning, so could someone please let me know the tracking number for this parcel so I can try to collect/redeliver the router?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

My engineer visit is scheduled for tomorrow morning, so could someone please let me know the tracking number for this parcel so I can try to collect/redeliver the router?

Routers are normally sent Royal Mail First class so there won't be a tracking number. The package is small enough to go through a letterbox but some posties won't put it through. If they've attaempted to deliver, they should have left a card and taken it back to the local sorting office.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

f_s_1
Hooked

Hi MisterW, thanks for the message. The card that was left was actually from amazon delivery. I haven't ordered anything online at all since starting my plusnet order, so I'm assuming this missed delivery was for the router as I've had no other delivery notices from RM or any other delivery company. The card I got has no usable information on how to retrieve the package.

f_s_1
Hooked

Just to follow up, the engineer came this morning and set everything up successfully. The previous tenant of my flat also left their plusnet router ("Plusnet Hub One" model), which the engineer hooked up, and this seems to work pretty well.

I still haven't received the router from my own order that was sent the other week though, so if someone could let me know how to find out about that I'd appreciate it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@f_s_1 wrote:

Just to follow up, the engineer came this morning and set everything up successfully. The previous tenant of my flat also left their plusnet router ("Plusnet Hub One" model), which the engineer hooked up, and this seems to work pretty well.

That sounds a bit iffy!. Did the engineer reconfigure the router with your username & password ?

If not, then you are using the previous tenants account , since the router will have their username & password.

Routers are associated with an account by their serial number and autoconfigure when initially connected.

You should change the username & password to your own, but should the router ever be factory reset, it will revert automatically to the previous tenants credentials. When your own router arrives it will be correctly associated with your account and will autoconfigure with your correct credentials

As an aside , I've never known the PlusNet routers to be delivered by Amazon!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.