cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order issues

middymizzle

New order issues

Hi,

placed an order with Plusnet at the end of October. As it turned out, TalkTalk had placed a cease on the line until 23rd Nov, so have to wait for that to be lifted before Plusnet could place the order. 

Order was finally placed on 28th Nov and I received a support ticket stating:

"This message is to confirm that we have placed the order for your phone and broadband, a completion date will be confirmed in 48 hours. "

Since then, total silence. 

I'm unable to get to connected to anyone via the online chat. Is there anyone here in the community able to help look into this order? 

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: New order issues

Welcome to the forum.

Have you got a user name and password for your Plusnet service? If so log in and go to Manage Account then Help Assistant then Your Questions.

There might be some information there. Else no doubt a Plusnet staffer will be along soon to help.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

middymizzle

Thanks for the pointer Baldrick1 - goodness knows why that's so hidden away, I'd never have found it without ya! 

There is an update in there - one I haven't received an email alert for, I don't think - that states the following: 

"The order for your phone service has been unsuccessful. We'll look into this and contact you if there are any problems.

[internal]
The order for this service has been rejected. Please see the install history tool for full details."

This was on the 29th Nov - no update since. Any Plusnet staff around that can assist, please? 
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry for the lack of updates regarding your order.

Unfortunately with the order we placed on the 28th November we tried to use the telephone number you've provided, but as this is ceased on the TalkTalk network, the order ultimately failed.

On the 29th November, our system then raised the support ticket 185074164 you've quoted above for us to investigate this, though it doesn't look like we've picked that up in a timely manner. Sad

I've replaced the order now with a new telephone number, and we'll confirm your activation date within the next 24-48 hours. The lead time is generally around 14 days as it'll be dependent on engineer availability to connect the phone line to the BT equipment we use at the exchange, and then to complete the fibre work at the cabinet(the green box in the road).

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet