cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order - getting constant messages like :There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.

davelovemartin

New order - getting constant messages like :There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.

So - I've signed up for PlusNet, I thought I was getting broadband installed last week - my appointment time came and went.

I phoned up and was told OpenReach never got the order...

now I've got a message saying "There's been a problem progressing your broadband order."

Looking back at the message history there have been loads of things go wrong with the order.

What are the chances that I'll be able to get my broadband installed - I paid £75 a month ago and still not connected.  I've wasted a whole morning having to wait at home for no reason - the engineer was never coming.  Reaching the end of my tether.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New order - getting constant messages like :There's been a problem progressing your broadband...

Thanks for getting in touch @davelovemartin 

I'm sorry to see the continued failed orders to provide you with a broadband service. Unfortunately this appears to have been partly due to our own system not putting through your broadband order to our suppliers, we just placed a phone order which failed as there was no 'matching' broadband order found.

However the newest phone and broadband order we placed was rejected due to "Line incompatible with service" so I've checked the availability of broadband at your address Here and it doesn't actually look like fibre is available for you.

To get some clarification I've submitted a formwize to the Openreach fibre enquiries team and I'd expect to hear back within the next 7 working days. To avoid any further delay in getting your broadband up and running, I've first placed an order to provide you with a phone line which we should receive an appointment confirmation about within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Obviously if fibre isn't available for us to progress the order, we'd need to supply you with standard broadband at a speed of up to 5mbps however we should know definitively within a week once the team responds back to me.

When your phone line is activated and installed, I'll then place the appropriate type of broadband order on the line, which would either be fibre broadband if available or standard broadband.

Having said that, if you prefer to cancel your order with us should fibre not be available (Or at any point before we've installed your phone line) I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to process the cancellation for a full refund of your initial fee.

I've added my reply onto your support ticket Here with a bit more information including if you're happy to stay with us potentially on standard broadband. Finally, once you're up and running and everything's sorted I'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience we've caused.

I'm also taking this on personally moving forward so I'll follow things up with you as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davelovemartin

Re: New order - getting constant messages like :There's been a problem progressing your broadband...

Hi there,

It's a new build, and a new postcode - so I'd expect the info may be wrong. I've checked the address checker and it looks like fibre is available:

It's a new address - checking the address on the link you sent me suggests that broadband is available:

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address FLAT X, XXXXXXXXXXX, XXX ROAD, BRISTOL, BS5 XXX on Exchange EASTON is served by Cabinet 45
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 5 -- -- Available --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 5 Up to 0.5 -- Available --
ADSL Max Up to 4 -- -- Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --

My neighbours are getting 74mbs so I'm going to say I'm pretty confident we can get fibre in there.

I'm really upset that I had to wait in a whole morning that was wasted and now you're telling me we can't get fibre when I know we can.  Sort it out PlusNet.

Tags (2)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @davelovemartin 

From what I can see by looking at the results you've posted, I'm sorry to say but that doesn't show fibre is available. It shows FTTP On Demand is available, which is fibre straight to your property and is not the same as FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet).

We don't offer FTTP services anymore however it's worth noting that we never used to offer FTTPoD as this is exceedingly expensive due to none of the fibre infrastructure in the street has been carried out.

As you've said it's very likely this may be a records issue and FTTC may indeed be available, but as the records do not show this the orders are simply getting rejected in the Openreach system.

The above steps I've taken are what's required to proceed with this and determine definitively if fibre can be provided.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davelovemartin

One of my neighbours has fibre to the cabinet.  I know it's possible. Please, can you provide some assurance and an installation date or we're moving to BT.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @davelovemartin 

I don't doubt what you've said at all, however there are no records showing this so any fibre order we place with our suppliers are being rejected as per the previously failed orders.

I believe you've already been provided an installation date for your phone line. When that's installed and we're able to place your fibre order if it is indeed available, this will take around 5 working days depending on engineer availability.

While it's your decision if you'd like to move to BT, I'm afraid this isn't going to change the situation as they'd likely be using the same records in the Openreach system as we'd do.

Once again as soon as I get a reply from the Openreach fibre enquiries team with clarification I will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet