cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order for Unlimited Fibre Extra - can you advise?

PatN
Hooked

New order for Unlimited Fibre Extra - can you advise?

Hi

New poster here, I'd really appreciate any help you can give.

Our semi-rural area recently got fibre (to cabinet). I decided to switch over from BT to Plusnet, and got the 'Welcome to Plusnet' email on 5 November, which said minimum of 10 working days to switch over our broadband and phone service.

It's now been 19 working days and we've heard nothing. (Plusnet account just says 'your order is being processed'). Knowledgeable friends say that seems unusual and we should check.

The phone helpline just says 'you internet is not yet installed' and ends the call. I tried the online help; their operator first said their system showed we had already been switched over (clearly not right ), then admitted they couldn't help and said we should call the helpline!

We don't mind a delay, we really just want to know that the switchover is actually going to happen. It would be nice to be given an estimated date. But who can we contact to ask?

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance

PatN

17 REPLIES 17
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New order for Unlimited Fibre Extra - can you advise?

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order to raise its profile.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chrisgriff01
Hooked

I'm in a similar position. I have no router, no internet and no effective means of contacting Plusnet.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @PatN,

I'm really sorry that you haven't heard anything sooner regarding your orders. 

I have updated your order ticket and flagged this as a complaint. 

You can follow your ticket updates here

Hi @Chrisgriff01,

I can see my colleague responded to you via ticket here

himtoo

Hi there

this is the exact same situation for me

I placed my order on the 8th november and have had no communication since the welcome email on the 8th november.

the chat link always says nobody is available and the phone helpline has repeatedly told me the wait to speak to somebody is 60 minutes

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @himtoo,

We are sincerely sorry for the delay in getting your order placed through. We have detected two lines at the property and we would need to ensure the right one is activated. Please can you PM me the landline number and I will get those order placed ASAP.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
PatN
Hooked

Hi @Chrisgriff01 and @himtoo - thank you for your posts. I seem to be making some progress, see below, so fingers crossed your issues will get resolved!

Hi @OllieC , thank you for your prompt response and I can see things are moving - thank you!

To hopefully help others, and just to demonstrate that Plusnet does seem to be on the case, here's an update on my phone and fibre order. On Friday I received a helpful email from Ollie C which said:

Thank you for your contact into our forums. Please accept my sincerest apologies that there have been issues encountered during order fulfilment. The order for your phone line to be activated is due to complete on 14/12/18. We now have all the details needed in order to place a simultaneous broadband order. This means that we should be able to get your broadband service working within 48 hours of your phone line being activated.  These types of orders can fail on occasion. If this is the case and the broadband service is not active within this time frame please contact us so we can re-submit your order. This will then take a further 10-12 working days to complete...

I also got text updates to confirm the phone line should be working on 14th and the Fibre Unlimited broadband should be up the next day. And I've now received the Plusnet router!

So that is all very promising - or perhaps one should say: more like a normal level of customer service that you'd expect these days - but kudos to @OllieC and the Help Team who appear to be working hard to deal with issues caused by the new billing system (from what I've read elsewhere). I also looked at the ticket that was raised, and it looks like there were a lot of systems issues/bureaucracy back and forth with people at CSC, whatever that is, before my original order could even be accepted - it does make you feel sympathy for the folks at the company trying to make things happen.

So apart from the original delay, the only worrying thing in all this is the wording in OllieC's email: 'should be able' to get the service working, and 'these types of orders can fail on occasion' etc. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the company, even though individuals like Ollie have been helpful and effective so far.

I guess I'll have to see how things go on 14 December, and I will certainly update the forum. Fingers crossed. All the best to everyone in a similar position - and wish me luck!

PatN

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @PatN, I'm glad to see things have improved. I've checked the orders and they're currently progressing fine and there are no causes for concern at the moment. We'll continue to monitor these and keep you update should any changes occur.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
PatN
Hooked

Bump - Not heard anything more yet, since the very helpful intervention from the Help Team, see above.

But according to texts received on 30 November my phone service should transfer tomorrow, 14 Dec, and broadband by midnight on 15 Dec. I'll let the forum know how it goes...

Thanks

PatN

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @PatN 

I've had a look and I can't see anything different to what @HarryB said above - everything looks like it's still on track from our side. 

Please do let us know how it goes. 

All the best,

MoR

himtoo

hi all

I have had communication from plusnet and a transfer date of 20 December 2018.

the new router has not arrived yet though.

cheers

paul

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

We send out the router to arrive a day or two prior to activation taking place so don't worry it's set to reach you soon. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
PatN
Hooked

Hi all

Just to let the Forum know about my experience: Success!!

My landline phone went live yesterday as promised, and today the fibre broadband is working as of an hour ago. (I didn't yet receive a text to tell me it was up, but mobile reception is bad here; but I set up the router anyway this afternoon) - download speeds so far of 20Mbps +. Previously we were at 3-6 on a good day, without fibre to the cabinet. The "guaranteed minimum" is 40 Mbps +, but I don't mind waiting a bit to hit that.

Thank you very much to the Help Team, and after a rocky start from Plusnet I have to say at the moment I'm feeling pretty happy about the company: when people have said something is going to happen, it has. So hopefully this is a positive example to cheer up others who are waiting. I'll update the Forum if there any major issues, but otherwise: Happy Christmas!

PatN

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the update PatN, and I'm glad to hear that you're up and running now at faster speeds than before. Our tests are showing 49.2mbps coming into your router, so it may be worth doing a bit of troubleshooting.

Are your devices connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection, as this may help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and I'd recommend trying the steps here.

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, do you experience the same issues across more than one device?

P.S. Merry Christmas, 9 days to go!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
PatN
Hooked

Hi Gandalf

Thank you! I can't easily do a wired connection, but a wireless device near the router got over 43 Mbps at one point, so I'm sure your reading is correct.

We are experiencing some fluctuations and it has been as low as 20-30 near the router - maybe slower in the evening? But that's not a complaint! We definitely can do more with the router and thank you for the troubleshooting reference, we will certainly do that when I get some time. For the moment we're just enjoying the great improvement in speed

So thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

PatN