cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order and cashback not tracked

tania10
Hooked

New order and cashback not tracked

I recently signed up to Plusnet on 2nd March, via a link on Top Cashback, yet my order has not tracked. TCB is very slow in responding to any queries, yet teh cashback was integral to my decision to join Plusnet.

On top of this, Plusnet will not be connecting me until 28th of March!

I find this very unsatisfactory, as I cannot make an informed choice about keeping the service, as the promised cashback might not materialise.

Can anyone from Plusnet please look into this?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: New order and cashback not tracked

Hi @tania10

Thanks for getting in touch.

Cashback is always tracked once your service goes live. When this happens you will usually see a notification of the cashback when you log into your Top cashback account.

Therefore, I'd advise that you wait for your orders to complete and if you still are not able to see the cashback on the affiliate site then you can raise a transaction query directly with Top cashback.

I hope this information helps.

Kind Regards,

tania10
Hooked

Hi thanks for the reply. It means I have to hope for the best, in that case, with no guaranteees.

tania10
Hooked

I am extremely dissapointed to discover that my cashback has been refused. The decision to switch to Plusnet was informed entirely by including the cashback incentive to improve the overall cost- compared to my previous broadband provider. 

I was very careful to make sure I used the correct link at Topcashback, and then signed up to Plusnet within a minute of using that link. Yet it was never tracked, and when Topcashback contacted you, you declined.

I have been forced to wait 2 months to discover this final outcome. I am extremely angry and feel that I have been cheated, as you told me to wait, and wait I did, beyond my trial period, so of course I am now tied into an 18 month contract, which is now costing exactly the same as my previous provider, and after all the hassle I have been through, including having to make many calls to ensure my phone number was retained, and having to wait a entire month for you to fulfill the transfer, you have now denied me the money I was expecting and entitled to.

I am very very angry.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to hear your cashback has been declined.

I've checked this and it doesn't look like your account has tracked as a cashback deal. Unfortunately this type of cashback through affiliates like TopCashback and Quidco aren't guaranteed due to the problems which can occur during signup. 

The most common reason is that this may be due to a cookie attribution error. This happens if the last cookie on the device you're using isn't TopCashback's before you confirm the order on the affiliate website.

This normally happens due to your browsing habits. For example if you have several tabs or windows open at the same time on the device you're using, or if you don't clear cookies from your web browser before starting the signup process.

Ad-blockers can also block cookies from being stored on the device you're wanting to make a purchase from.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment. If you're not happy with this outcome, you'll need to escalate this with TopCashback I'm afraid as we cannot approve something which isn't there on our affiliate system.

With regards to how long it's taken us to provide you with a service, I can see your previous provider placed a cease order on the line which stopped us in placing the order to takeover your line delaying your activation.

Once the cease order was cancelled, we then placed your order which took 10 working days. Unfortunately this is the absolute minimum amount of time it takes to transfer a working service from another provider as per regulation.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tania10
Hooked

Thank you for your swift reply.

When my order was placed via Topcashback, a pop up window said it was being tracked. I took every precaution to make sure this was so.  I am extremely frustrated and angry that it has been declined, and that there is not even any compensation or offer of a goodwill gesture from Plusnet. It's very conveneient for you to tell me to take it up with Topcashback, while Topcashback have told me to take it up with you.

How many other customers find themselves in this situation of being fobbed off by both sides? Shocking! No guarantees of actual cashback- perhaps you should put this in your adverts. 

This to me seems like a cheap trick to persuade people to sign up to Plusnet, with only a percentage recieving the promised cashback.

Re the transfer it did not go smoothly. I should not have had to call up to so many times, or to ring to save my phone number, but when I did the person on the phone sounded surprised that I wanted to keep my number, even though I had made it clear during the sign up process  She then took action to ensure my number was saved. If I had not been diligent in calling so many times this would not have happened. 

I am extremely disappointed with the experience I have had with Plusnet, I was lead to believe it had good customer service.I have changed providers before, it usually takes 2 weeks, and involves one online form. This has been incredibly demanding of my time and patience, and I now feel ripped off.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @tania10, thanks for getting back to us. I fully appreciate your frustration with this though please know we have not advised you to contact TopCashback for our convenience but because the information we hold suggests it was not an affiliate cashback offer that was signed up to. As @Gandalf has thoroughly explained, there are many factors that can result in a cashback being declined. 

As previously explained a large part of the delay encountered was due to the pending cease on your line, which I'm afraid is something out of control. With that being said I'm really sorry that you had to contact us with regards to your order and that this did not go as smoothly as expected. I have added a further response on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tania10
Hooked

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sure you are keen to brush this under the carpet. But the fact is, I have never had any cashback refused in 10 years of using Topcashback for genuine transactions. I clicked directly from the link, to the Plusnet website, and my tracking was confirmed by a pop up page. I was expecting £50, although when I put a claim in with missing cashback, it was somehow reduced to £40.

This is a significant sum, which impacts on my monthly direct debit charge over a commitment of 18 months. Your offer of one months free Broadband is a joke and does not go anyway towards undoing the fact that I have been mislead into signing up to a contract with your company and ripped off, because you 'deny' I used an affiliate link. It's the principle of the way you do business and treat your customers that is at stake here.

On top of this, you claim that the cease on my line was somehow my fault. It was not dealt with in any way by your staff, I was not informed of it,  it was me who discovered the cease by calling you to find out why things were not moving, and then had to do all the liasing between Sky and Plusnet, spending hours on the phone, calling back and forth several times. Plus discovering that my number was in danger of being lost. A complete nightmare. I have never had any problem like this with previous broadband suppliers in 20 years. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @tania10 

While I appreciate we could've been a lot more proactive on this occasion in making you aware of the cease order on the line, ultimately I'm afraid this was placed by your previous provider and as such isn't something we'd have control over.

Regarding your cashback issue, as you've gone through TopCashback this type of affiliate cashback is down to the affiliate to pay out, however I understand that your account hasn't tracked as a affiliate sale likely because of a cookie issue. Unfortunately we're unable to approve the cashback from our side, because there is no account on the affiliate system to approve.

With regards to the cashback amount changing when you put the claim in, again this isn't something we're in control of and I'd suggest taking this up with TopCashback. I understand the frustration, however there is little we can do in these situations. 

Having said that, I've added a reply to your support ticket 190436388 which I hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tania10
Hooked

Thank you for your help. I am now happy with Plusnet's resolution to this issue.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us Tania, no problem.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ARCAM

I've spent a lot of time trying to claim the £75 cashback I legitimately claimed. I'm obviously going to take this further. I can't believe Plusnet could be so dishonest.

Plusnet Manager:

Dear Mr McGlinchey,

Thank you for your time on the phone today. 

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the outcome of our call, I have checked our records and can see both offers we supplied for ADSL broadband at the time of your sign up did not include any cashback, the only offer with £75 cashback on 22/05/19 (day you signed up) was a pre paid debit card on Unlimited Fibre Extra broadband. 

As discussed, I'm sorry that you are also unhappy with 23 hours downtime earlier this week, however as confirmed on the call this is not enough for us to release your contract free of charge. You have advised you will be seeking further advise, please get back to us if you need any more information. 

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in the meantime

My reply:

I contacted a manager who said he had thoroughly analysed my account and the offers available when I joined Plusnet 22/052019. He told me there was no offer available on the date I joined. He was adamant. I researched the MSE archive for that date and you will find my exact offer was available and ended a day later - a 12-month contract with £75 cashback.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/22-05-2019

Please take a look and explain why a senior member of Plusnet told me no such offer was available through any affiliate on that date. I will, of course, pass this information to the ombudsman at the appropriate time - ie when this process expires.

ARCAM

Note: this is a small part of a long 'help assistant' complaint procedure. At every point (as with telephone conversations) I've been blocked or given the wrong information. As far as the latter is concerned, some might correctly call it blatant lying. I'm sure you can access my ticket and follow its progress. I intend to fight this.

ARCAM

Sorry, I know I'm replying to myself, but there is a bigger issue at stake here. I'll post some more of my complaints at a later date. I've spent at least 2 days ( yes - 48 hours or +) on this dispute. That's a solid 48+ hours on this including research.  I've been misled by phone and Plusnet's online complaint procedure. There is something going wrong here with Plusnet (possibly higher level management problems - some trying to attract customers by a different means). They tell you there was no cash back offer on the date you signed their contract, but that's not true. I'll explain what is probably going on soon.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @ARCAM

I'm really sorry to hear you've experienced such an ordeal.

From looking into this it seems our recording of the offer do not line up with that of what or affiliates were advertising at the time.

I can't say I agree with the advisors and managers you've spoken to and I feel that it is more than appropriate that we honor the offer.

I will say further on that the issue was not likely helped as you did not have cookies enabled as you proceeded with the offer. Ultimately cookies need to be active on  the affiliate site to link the offer across to us for signup. It's very possible that without cookies, even a correctly advertised offer would not have applied and there would have been no way to link the offer details to the signup journey.

I've dropped you a response via your open complaint ticket.

You can login and view my reply HERE