cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order - 'We've found a potential problem on your telephone line'

dickvandamme

New order - 'We've found a potential problem on your telephone line'

Recently moved into a new apartment, ordered plusnet broadband/line rental last Friday, on the order page it checked the line in my new place and said an active phone line detected, all going well and account said 'activating your line' until a few days ago when I suddenly got an email stating 'We've found a potential problem on your telephone line' which it has been stuck on now with no explanation.

Can't get through to anyone on webchat or phones, any help please? What's happening with you order?

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: New order - 'We've found a potential problem on your telephone line'

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi dickvandamme@

We're sorry to hear that there have been issues with your new premises.

I can see that you contacted one of our provisioning team members who provided a full break down of options for yourself.

Your ticket can be followed here

Should you require further assistance please feel free to get back in touch as we are more than happy to help!

Kind Regards

dickvandamme

called them this morning and was told the reason the line couldnt be taken over was because the phone number on the line was registered to the wrong address, how that can happen ive no idea. so i have to wait for the landlord to get the full phone number for the line from the previous tenant so they can correct it with bt, or get a new line installed.

fyi for anyone having problems with plusnet, it seems despite what they say in the emails, no one will contact you to update you of any problems and you will be stuck in limbo forever unless you call, and webchat never works.