cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line installed, but no router

mknoyle

New line installed, but no router

Hi,

I ordered phone and broadband two and a half weeks ago. We needed to have a new line installed at the property, and the earliest appointment date was today. An engineer came and installed the line this morning, and the phone works in it, but there's no sign of my broadband router, and the post has already been today. I thought this was supposed to arrive before your services were activated? When I managed to find the order tracking on my Plusnet account page, it says my order hasn't been placed. Why is this? I can't get through to anyone on the phone, as wait times are over 30 minutes, apparently, and online chat is just "unavailable".

I've been on mobile internet only for a while now, and I'm starting to run low on data! I was really hoping to have this all sorted today, but apparently not!

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New line installed, but no router

Hi there,

It looks like you're on the phone speaking to us about this right now.

I can see that the broadband order hasn't been placed yet so our provisioning team should be setting that straight for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mknoyle

Yeah, I finally got through to someone. Apparently the Broadband order is now placed, and will be active from Monday the 12th.

The communication from Plusnet about how long this takes isn't very clear, though. I had the email saying broadband would be active within 5-7 days of line installation, but then in the welcome pack pdf, (https://portal.plus.net/support/pdf/welcome/Plusnet-Handbook.pdf) it also says :

"If you need an engineer to install the service: we’ll arrange the appointment to
install the service on the earliest available date
We’ll email you (and text you if we have your number) with your activation date once
your order is placed. If you need an engineer to install the service, your appointment
date will be your activation date for all services."

I took this to mean that broadband would be active from today, the day of the appointment with the engineer. I didn't realise that "activation" meant that they'd only just start dealing with the broadband part of the order then.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Apologies for any confusion with the handbook you've linked. I've flagged that up with the relevant people.

However unfortunately the welcome email we sent you advising broadband would be a further 5-7 working days is correct (Or at least more correct, I believe it's now actually 4-7 working days)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet