cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line - how long for FTTC?

vcl60

New line - how long for FTTC?

Hello,

New PN customer here. I've had a second line installed today (it took two Openreach visits, but that's done now) but I'm told the line is straight through to the exchange - the second engineer said he couldn't see an FTTC order for the line.

Never mind that the modem hasn't arrived yet, I have my own... why wouldn't there be an FTTC order? The first line at the property (another ISP) had FTTC ordered for the same day as the voice line was installed.

Is this normal for PN? Interestingly logging into the PN website doesn't show an active voice service, and I definitely have one...

2 REPLIES 2
vcl60

Re: New line - how long for FTTC?

PN's systems now see that I have a voice service, so that's progress.

Something's up with the order tracker - it's saying:

"Your broadband order should complete on {strCustActivationDate}."

vcl60

Re: New line - how long for FTTC?

So I got an email overnight saying the FTTC service was active. Sadly, it isn't - there is no DSL on the line when tested with a known good modem.

The second Openreach engineer who finished the line install said he had to reroute around a problem and that the line was PSTN only - so obviously nobody told him about the FTTC.

However, credit where it's due - I called PN this morning to report the fault and the phone was answered promptly by someone who was friendly, actually knew what he was talking about and arranged for Openreach to come back tomorrow. Being able to speak to a grown-up makes a huge difference and for now PN have got that part right.

As an aside, there's still no sign of the Plusnet router which was apparently posted on Tuesday.