Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre unlimited order stuck on 'checking line'

FIXED
dugone
Dabbler

New fibre unlimited order stuck on 'checking line'

Hi,

I ordered fibre unlimited last week on Tuesday after checking that you guys were still able to fulfil orders.  It says it should take  2-4 days to activate the line, however mine still isn't done.  I know that things will be a bit slower due to the COVID-19 problems, but I want to make sure there is no problem.  I am currently working from home, stuck on a 4G modem which as pretty horrendous as I can't manage to video conference properly at all.

Would be great if you could just check if there is an issue and advise an ETA for getting the line activated.  I am a little worried as I am in a top floor flat in an old building so not expecting miracles in terms of speed.

Thanks,

Andy

13 REPLIES 13
dugone
Dabbler

Re: New fibre unlimited order stuck on 'checking line'

Managed to get through to support yesterday - low and behold the tool that checks the lines against the addresses wasnt able to locate ours, despite the fact its a BT line.

This has now moved on, but I was told that you guys would provision ADSL for me temporarily as the wait for fibre would be 2 weeks.  Now not really sure what product I'm getting, although I have had a text to say my phone line will go active on the 16th and broadband on the 17th.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy. I'm sorry for the delay with submitting your order to our suppliers. I can see we've manually progressed this and your phone line and standard broadband service should both go live on the 16th April before midnight.

Fibre would have potentially been even longer, but once you're up and running we'll place an order to modify your service to fibre which hopefully shouldn't take too long before you're able to notice the improved speeds.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay. Let us know if you've got any further queries or concerns.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dugone
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf

Will I be notified when the line can be upgraded to fibre? What sort of speed can I expect from the ADSL?

Cheers,

Andy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @dugone 

Your download speed on standard broadband should be between 5mbps and 12mbps, and we'll follow things up with you once your order's completed and advise when your fibre service will go live after.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dugone
Dabbler

Thanks! Gotta be better than trying to video conference on 3G! 🙈
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye, not long to go now. Sorry again for the delay.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dugone
Dabbler

Hey @Gandalf, would you do me a favour please?  I received a text on Sunday to say my router was in the post, but looking at the order tracker page, it implies that it has not yet been posted.  Just want to ensure I will definitely receive it by Friday so I can get cracking?  Can you check that it has actually been sent?  Worried about there being a problem with the postcode again.

Thanks,

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy. Looks like the router's been in the awaiting processing state with our warehouse since Sunday afternoon. I've got in touch with a colleague from our products team and this is logged internally for investigation (ref:IMT-5921) as we've been seeing a few examples of these recently although it looks like the bank holiday's been the cause for this.

We should see some movement on this today or tomorrow and all being well I'd hope the router lands on Friday. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dugone
Dabbler

Ah man, really?  Lets hope it appears by Friday then.  Glad I asked now Sad

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed, sorry there's issue after issue with your order

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy. Happy to confirm your router has been dispatched. You should hopefully receive this tomorrow or Monday at the latest as they're sent via 1st class post.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dugone
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf,

Thanks.  Yeah I can see its changed status in the order tracker.  It would appear my fibre extra connection has actually been provisioned and frustratingly is live already!  Sods law I don't have a spare router or filters or anything.  Oh well.  Fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow... post can be a bit tricky here so will have to go down and try and catch the posty and make sure I actually get it and he doesn't take it back to the sorting office or something daft.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Andy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Andy. Ah fingers crossed you can grab the router out of the postie's van before they drive away (Wouldn't recommend doing exactly that though..) Fibre's live now so it'd be there ready waiting for when you've got the router and set it up.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet