cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre service active or not?

ChrisDeighton

New fibre service active or not?

Hi,

I recently signed up, but the initial orders failed 'due to a supplier issue'. Replacement orders were placed, and I was told to expect a rescheduled engineer visit this coming Thursday (6th August). However, I unexpectedly received an email last Friday (31st July) stating that 'your fibre broadband service is now up and running'.

I've tried connecting the supplied router, but the power light goes orange and the 'b' flashes red, indicating a problem with the line. The router's connected to the master socket via a VDSL filter, the line has a dial tone, there are no extension sockets or other devices connected, and trying a different device (Draytek Vigor 130) similarly indicates no VDSL connection.

I've been unable to contact PlusNet via text, ticket or telephone, and would therefore greatly appreciate it if a staff member could check:

• Has my service already been activated?
  • Should I still be expecting an engineer visit this Thursday?

Best regards,

Chris.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisDeighton

Re: New fibre service active or not?

I've now managed to speak to customer services who have advised me that the email was sent in error and the service is not yet live, so I'll await the engineer visit on Thursday.