Did you mean: 

New fibre broadband

FIXED
Turnwood
Hooked
Fixes: 1

New fibre broadband

Hi,

Ordered new plusnet fibre broadband service two weeks ago. Currently with sky which stopped working before 7am this morning. Have had emails from plusnet giving today as the home phone activation date and the telephone line is working. However, have had no emails about broadband activation and the new plusnet router is not connecting to the internet.

I have reset the router broadband connection credentials which changes the username to setup@plusdsl.net - router then connects (blue light) but there is no internet connection from devices. Then changed username and password back to my own - no connection again (orange light).

Seems to me like this is a problem at plusnets end rather than BT openreach? Can anyone confirm that this is normal and that my broadband is due to activate today?

Thanks,

Mark.
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: New fibre broadband

@Turnwood  hi, from your description of the symptoms, it sounds like the PlusNet automated systems haven't received confirmation from Openreach that your broandband is active, and havent enabled your account yet. Hence the inability to connect with your credentials but being able to connect with the setup@plusdsl.net account. Im sure one of the PlusNet help team will spot this thread shortly and do the necessary to manually activate your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Turnwood
Hooked

Thank you - I suspected it was something like that but unfortunately live chat help was less than helpful! As you say, hopefully someone with the necessary technical expertise will spot this thread shortly.
Turnwood
Hooked

Fix
Now sorted - thanks again
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Sounds like the automated system kicked in eventually

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch @Turnwood

As advised above your account wasn't initially set as active but my colleague you spoke with activated this for you and I can see everything is now up and running.

If you have any further issues let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team