Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer start date.

khazars670
Dabbler

New customer start date.

Hi all,

I signed up for plus.net, Saturday 20th June but then on Monday, I received form my broadband supplier a fee of £36 for leaving. 

I contacted plus.net and they said they would change  my switch over to the date I choose, the 20th July.

Will plus.net now confirm and contact my ISP about the change in date of the switch over to coincide with my contract ending on the 20th July? I actually choose the option of 20th July, but for some reason it didn't go through, and plus.net have changed my switch over date!

cheers

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer start date.

Welcome aboard @khazars670 

I've checked your order with our suppliers as it's not yet confirmed in the supplier systems so I've got in touch with Openreach and I've been advised there's been an issue with the automatic progression of the order through their systems.

While this can be sorted out, upon further investigation though I can also see we've ordered an old legacy broadband service at the exchange, what's known as 20CN IPstream (that's in the process of being withdrawn).

Because the more modern and current broadband service known as 21CN ADSL2+ is available, I've cancelled the order we've placed and once the cancellation completes, I'll manually re-place the transfer order for a date of 20th July. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
khazars670
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf, thx for the reply. So will I still be switching over to the new system on the 20th July?

For some bizarre reason I lost my internet connection yesterday, suddenly came back online this morning, Origin broadband initially said plusnet had taken over the line, plusnet said they couldn't would be illegal, was this caused by the cancellation of my internet?

Cheers

khazars670
Dabbler

I won't have to sign up again?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @khazars670 That should be fine as it's more than 10 working days away but I'll confirm once I've managed to re-place the order (The previous order isn't fully cancelled in the supplier systems yet). You won't need to sign up again with us. It's odd you lost your broadband connection yesterday but I think that'd just be coincidence because the cancellation of a pending transfer order before the initial completion date won't have affected your existing service in any way. Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
khazars670
Dabbler

hi Gandalf,

I've received two further e-mails saying the switch over will take place on either the 21st, or 22 July, but I requested the 20th July!

Which date is it?

Best Wishes

Khaz

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @khazars670 Sorry for the confusion. I can confirm your transfer date is the 21st July. I requested the 20th July when placing the order and that's showing as the initial required-by date but it looks like our suppliers couldn't commit to this so they've booked the transfer for the next best date. The email you've received about the 22nd July is referring to by midnight as 00:00:00 although it's easier to think of it as by midnight 23:59:59 on the 21st July. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
khazars670
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Origin broadband have just informed me today by phone that the order has been cancelled and as yet, the renewal for me to switch over hasn't been sent through to them yet?

Can you confirm, have you put through for the transfer for the 21st July.

Regards

Khaz

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Khaz, I can confirm the order's progressing fine for the 21st July (I can see a cease order for the same date in the supplier systems which indicates that your service with your existing provider will be ceased then too)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
khazars670
Dabbler

When will the router be sent out?

Regards

Khaz

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Normally a few days before you go live but I've manually ordered the router now so you'll receive it a lot sooner

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bongley

Hi,

I've got the same problem. I applied for switchover to happen on 4th August when my current contract expires, but I've had emails saying it is happening on 20/7, and BT have told me I'm going to be penalised for leaving early. I've been 50mins and counting on hold trying to get through on the phone......

Regards,

John.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting touch @bongley 

I'm sorry for the issues you're having contacting us.

I've changed the completion date on your order to the 4th August now. We'll provide confirmation within 24-48 hours and we'll automatically let your previous provider know to stop your services on this new date.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
khazars670
Dabbler

hi Gandalf,

router arrived promptly this morning!

Cheers

Khaz

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome, sounds good

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet