cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer signed up for fibre 3 weeks ago, heard nothing since Welcome email

twigtv
Hooked

New customer signed up for fibre 3 weeks ago, heard nothing since Welcome email

3 weeks ago I cancelled my Post Office phone line & broadband service from this coming Monday 29 Nov.

I suppose I was naive to expect that since I ordered from PN on 6th Nov it would by now be up and running.

Currently the Broadband Order Tracking is stuck on "Checking your details" 

I'm now going to be stuck without broadband & phone line. How long is it currently taking to process orders?

15 REPLIES 15
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: New customer signed up for fibre 3 weeks ago, heard nothing since Welcome email

@twigtv Welcome to the forums. Not that this comment will help, now, but were you not aware that all broadband/phone transfers between suppliers are, or should be, 'Gaining Provider Lead' - i.e. you choose your new supplier, place the order with them and they cancel your current supplier when they have a firm date from BT/OpenReach for the transfer. That way, the downtime is kept to a minimum and you are likely to be without service for less than a day?

You are unlikely to get a Plusnet staff response until tomorrow, but 21 days does seem a little excessive.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: New customer signed up for fibre 3 weeks ago, heard nothing since Welcome email

@twigtv 

If I understand things correctly, the fact you cancelled your current supplier means PlusNet have to wait at least 10 days before placing an order, which is then subject to standard lead times - which can vary due to OpenReach engineer availablity.

Brian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Good point, @bmc 

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It's actually worse than that. If the cancellation is from the 29th, fhen there will be a cease due to complete on that date. Until that cease completes,no other ISP can place any order

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @twigtv and welcome to our Community Forums.

Just to confirm the above advice, the cease order your existing provider's placed for the 29th November is stopping us from taking over your line. Can you contact them as soon as possible to cancel the cancellation request you've asked? 

If you can post back once you've done so, we'll place an order to takeover your line with minimal downtime and our order will trigger a cancellation request automatically at your current provider's side to tell them you're leaving. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twigtv
Hooked

Thank's for your reply Gandalf.

I wish I could cancel the request to cancel my broadband but I have left it too late. By the time I realised, I did not have the required 1 working day they need to inform them.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @twigtv

Ah I'm really sorry to see this Sad If you can post back Monday night, we'll get an order in place as soon as we can to reprovide your service. We may have to wait until Tuesday before starting this process though as a cease order can generally take up to midnight to fully go through and complete in the supplier systems.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twigtv
Hooked

Thanks for your reply Gandalf.
My Internet was switched off and phone line went dead this morning. If you could arrange for me to be connected ASAP that would be great.
My user name is edbranch99
Kind regards,
Ed
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Ed, I've submitted the order now and we should be able to confirm your activation date within 24-48 hours. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twigtv
Hooked

That's great, thanks very much.
Ed
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Ed, looks like your service is due to go live a week today before midnight. Let us know how it goes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
twigtv
Hooked

That's good. Thanks for what you have done for me.

There's just one problem, I would like to keep my old telephone number if that's possible. Apparently I am being given a new tel no.

My old number: [Removed]

Kind regards,

Ed

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Not a problem Ed,

The number would be in what’s known as a quarantine period for 14 days as it’s been ceased where only the last provider of the number can touch it.

After that period it’ll go back to the ‘rangeholder’ in an available state, which is whoever’s network the number was first made on, fortunately that’s BT (we’re able to pick up and assign out BT numbers which are available)

I’m afraid we’ll have to wait until the 13th December and we should then be able to change your number back. We’d charge though a one off fee of £36.63 for a renumber.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
twigtv
Hooked

Now that 14 days has elapsed, I'm wondering if it would be possible for you to change my current Tel no. that you assigned to me when I signed up, back to my old number please?