cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer questions

louisemick67

New customer questions

Hi all
I joined plusnet on the 9.11.17 for phone line and fibre extra (fttc). I'm currently a sky customer on there own ported provided line . I have received a letter from sky today stating my services will be transferred on the 4.12.17 but plus net are saying the transfer date is the 7.12.17 . How can it be a transfer when my services will be discontinued on the 4th so when the open reach engineer goes to the exchange there won't actually be a line there any more. I spent close to an hour today on the phone to get no where with an advisor who didn't have a Scooby to what I was meaning. I'm concerned that come the 7.12.17 I will have no service. Can anyone confirm that openreach will be creating a new line on the bt exchange as I'm on a sky line and there lines can't be migrated back to BT.......help please concerned over all this bad enough I'm having a 4 day gap but worried about going forward and being left with no service what so ever.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: New customer questions

Hi there. The original date we requested was the 4th but this was delayed by our suppliers to the 7th.

It's likely that your current provider hasn't let you know of the change in date yet. As we're taking over an active service, I'd expect your service to continue on working until we take it over on the 7th.

It may be worth contacting your current provider just to make sure everything stays open on their side until we've taken over the line.

I hope this helps. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
louisemick67

Thank you for replying. I'm glad to see some one can answer my query. I have spoken to 2 others already that did not have any idea what was happening/what would happen on this date or how to resolve it.
It's frustrating as it is knowing it's going to take longer than expected, but this was explained and I accepted it, but it's added to my frustration having 2 different dates and nobody knew why.
This may be worth feeding back as it's not exactly the best situation for a customer to be in (a new customer at that) and for the response on the phone to be "i dont know why that is" it really does not help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the poor explanations/responses you were given.

I'll definitely make sure this is fed back to the advisers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet