cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer no internet

Johnbram

New customer no internet

Hi

We were activated on Dec 17th and I've had the confirmation texts. The router arrived Dec 18th. I've plugged it all in and the main light is orange and the broadband light is red. I tried the pin hole reset but it goes back to the same.

I've logged in to the router settings and username seems to default to setup@plusdsl.net

I've put in my member center login details instead but I still see only the orange light and red B light.

When I log in to my member center it does show 'Error an order is in progress' (or words to that effect)

Any help appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Johnbram

Re: New customer no internet

So I've looked in the event logs and it show authentication fail.

I'm typing in the username and password that I use to access the member center. Can anyone confirm is this correct?

username@plusdsl.net

and member center password.

Thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Johnbram that is correct.

However

I've logged in to the router settings and username seems to default to setup@plusdsl.net

Thats the preset username the routers are supplied with. The router serial number is registered to your account. When it first connects it should reconfgure automatically with your account username/password.

I've put in my member center login details instead but I still see only the orange light and red B light.

That would indicate that your account isn't active on the PlusNet systems yet.

When I log in to my member center it does show 'Error an order is in progress' (or words to that effect)

That tends to confirm the above

I'd try calling support to check that your account has activated properly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Johnbram

@MisterW Thanks for your advice.

Earlier today I looked over at the router and the light was blue and all was working. Great!

Then a couple of hours later the light went orange with the red B again.

I logged into the router and my username is again setup@plusdsl.net. Your suggestion that my account is not setup correctly sounds very likely!

Do Plusnet staff look here as I'm struggling to reach them and I'd really appreciate someone taking a look for me.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine