cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, first payment taken twice, unsure if successful order

Shaunet

New customer, first payment taken twice, unsure if successful order

Hello Plusnet,

Last night I signed up for Unlimited Broadband offer at £18 a month for 18 months with £50 cashback. First payment stated £28. I put my card details in and thought I paid. Realised there was an error as I forgot to put direct debit details in the last part of the form for the future payments, I filled that in and clicked pay now again. I was taken back to the packages page and didn't see the Finished page or any visual confirmation, and no email confirmation. I tried logging in to member page but my details say not recognised. I checked my bank and available balance is down £56 because the plusnet payment system took my first payment twice (by card). There needs to be an improvement to prevent this from happening.

1) I am unsure if the order has been successful in any way, and if it will cause a migration from Sky.

2) Depending on the outcome of the above question, do I have to contact my bank to cancel 1 or both of the £28 payments, or will the amount(s) be given back to me automatically?

Not sure what to do...

1 REPLY 1
BDevine
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Re: New customer, first payment taken twice, unsure if successful order

Hello and welcome to the Community Forums.

I will check into your account from our side and see how it's looking with the set up and potential double payment.

I have sent you a private message, If you could reply with your username I'll check into this for us.

Ben