cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and ive already been let down before i get started!!!

BigD1
Hooked

New customer and ive already been let down before i get started!!!

I signedup to plusnet on the 18/10 , to change broadband provider. My old provider ceases today-7/11. My router has still not arrived this morning, which it should have arrived 2 days prior if you believe what you read!! I called customer services this morning, only to find there has been a problem on my account (fault of plusnet) and my order is still pending and not been processed!!! [-Censored-]!!!  This is a great way to welcome new customers dont you think? If i had not chased this up, i would have been none the wiser and from this i may get penalised by my old provider if the change over does not occur today as i stated to them exactly one month ago (notice of provider change) or the very least i am without broadband until this problem gets resolved!! I am at the mercy of Royal Mail to get the router delivered, together with any other politics that go with setting up a new customer.  To say i am not happy with PLUSNET, and feel extremely let down, before i have even used the service is an understatement!!  I want to make this complaint EXTREMELY OFFICIAL, here, NOW! I cant register it with plusnet chat because, guess what? that is also offline today and not working as it should! Heres me thinking Plusnet is a repetable company because im blasted with tv adverts daily, with the yorkshire chappy pushing how good it is, so i think i will give it a try. Seems to be a bad mistake on my behalf.  

A VERY UNHAPPY NEW CUSTOMER!!

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: New customer and ive already been let down before i get started!!!

@BigD1  Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that things have started badly for you and Plusnet have screwed up at their end. With many Plusnet staff working from home at the moment things are not running smoothly!

When transferring to another service that uses the same BT broadband network you should not cancel your current service but leave it to the winning ISP, Plusnet in this case, to handle this aspect. This should prevent any loss of service. The changeover has to be done by Openreach, not Plusnet. Whilst the preferred changeover date can be requested by Plusnet the actual date is totally in the hands of Openreach and their availability of the necessary staff that day, so is subject to change.

You will find that for most issues that due to staff availability the Chat function is currently off line.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BigD1
Hooked

I was obliged by my old provider to give a months notice to leave which i did. I signed up to plusnet on the 18/10 as i said above, gave them all the foresight they needed, saying i had been in contact with old provider and i was told they would also contact them for the changeover purposes. Ok, but im talking about the 18/10, and what you say may well be relevant with the covid situ, but really, the time i gave them was ample and they have let me down so i dont care much at this time for excuses or reasoning, because this should have gone smoothly because i did everything i was supposed to, but how can one person compete with a large company of this scale. If get get any extra charges from my old provider, because of this situation they have put me in, i will be making my feelings known to PLUSNET and looking for recompence.

You could not make this up!! 

Ive googled and there are many angry/upset customers of plusnet about, so they need to pull their socks up and start to value their customers considerably more than they are doing presently!

BigD1
Hooked

FYI- my old provider was an 18month contract which ends today. My sole purpose to change provider so if i get put onto the full tariff fees with them because of this plusnet balls up, i will be going further with this, as anyone in my position would do. Why should i be out of pocket for a third partys incompetance?Huh

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @ BigD1,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are reporting, on checking the initial ticket it is advising to await activation until 7th November. This has been noted by the sales agent, it does appear if that was not the case that there has been a breakdown in communication. Please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding or inconvenience.

I have taken ownership of this for you and have submitted orders. I'll keep you updated here and once you're connected I'll make sure we review this to ensure the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

If you have any queries please come back to me via the ticket.

Thanks - LF

BigD1
Hooked

Thank you LordFoul for getting on this case. Just so there is a record here- if by activation, you mean my new broadband deal goes live today with me having router already delivered and had the message from plusnet to plug in and switch over- then yes, that is as was agreed on the call on 18/10 with sales agent. I made it very clear my old broadband deal ends today (last day of 18 month deal)
If he presumed that nothing needed to be done until today to get my new deal processed, then he sadly got things very wrong. Why would i agree to a deal that would put me without any incoming internet for a period of 10+ days.
You should have access to the recorded phone call? I explained i had notified my old provider of my intentions at the end of my deal period, and the plusnet sales agent
Confirmed they would also contact my old provider to seal the provider change over for the 7/11.
I said it earlier- you cant make this up!
I await further contact regarding this issue, come monday as you have agreed via email.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies, I've since listened to the call. You were clear as to when you wanted the take over, this was obviously lost in translation.

Your ticket's due for review on Monday, I anticipate I should have a committed date as Openreach usually come back to us within 48 hours. I'll let you know either way.

Thanks - LF

BigD1
Hooked

LordFoul. I've had an email saying openreach are doing their work on the 23 Nov!!!! Was that your message? That's 2 weeks away.
Has anyone been in touch with my old provider- TalkTalk, because they have emailed me, thinking I'm staying with them.
Who do they think is paying for the usage upto 23Nov and beyond until I can change to Plusnet- Tell me that please.
What a palarva!! And all from a sales agent who was half asleep or worse, when I called to change broadband provider.
Still Not Happy because I don't know what's happening regarding my present broadband supply!!
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ BigD1,

Thanks for coming back to us.

The information on the ticket has been checked so it is correct.

We do not have any communication with your previous provider as they will respond to Openreach only. The orders will be monitored and I'll be happy to review this with you once orders are completed by Openreach.

Please can you send any further questions via your ticket to allow me to respond to you directly.

Thanks - LF

BigD1
Hooked

i can only contact you this way as im computer illiterate.

i dont understand when you say the 'orders' are correct, and to contact you via my 'ticket'?Huh

i only txt or email- dont do social media. i tried to reply to todays email ref 23 Nov, but it wouldnt allow me to reply.

This is my only known form of communication to speak with you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @BigD1 

Can you log into your account from Here? Once you've logged in click Here. You'll then be taken to a page where you'll see the question (or ticket as we refer to it) 208010255. Scroll down to the bottom you'll see a button that says "I need to add further details" From there you'll be able to click that, write a message and send the message.

That'll then go to my colleague Tahir who's personally dealing with your order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hi @BigD1 

Login with the link provided and have a search around your account, it should show up some request on your account which has been raised.

I'm just guessing.

EDIT: @Gandalf beat me to it with a better explanation 🙂