Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Broadband not activated, phone ok

FIXED
rogers
Fixes: 1

New customer - Broadband not activated, phone ok

Hi

I am a new plusnet customer.  My phone and broadband had an activation date of May 5th after 12pm, but yesterday I had a call from my previous supplier to say that they was terminating my service on that day (4th May) and duly at about 2pm my phone line was disconnected and also my broadband stopped working.  Then at about 3:30pm my phoneline became active again but the broadband was still not working.

I left everything for a few hours to see if things just needed to settle down, but still had no broadband connection.  I tried connecting my new PlusNet router but still nothing.  I then contacted PlusNet and they checked everything at their end and said that both the phone line and broadband had been activated and should be working and gave me a list of the usual things to check which I have since done, but still the broadband doesn't work.

I get all green lights on the router apart from the Internet light which stays red. When logging into the router the Internet status will try and connect but then shows 'Disconnected' If I go into the 'Helpesk' area of router it shows a connection rate/speed, so all appears to OK with the broadband signal.

It appears to be some sort of activation problem with my username, is this something that is going to sort itself out over the weekend, or is something that is going to need to have a little push from PlusNet to kick start it into action.  Am guessing as it is a Bank holiday weekend that there won't be much movement until Tuesday Sad 

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: New customer - Broadband not activated, phone ok

What is the username in the router? Is it setup@plus.net or similar, or your actual username?

Have you tried resetting the router? Pinhole in the rear held down for at least 10 seconds.

rogers

The username is my plusnet one.  It was originally tr069@plusdsl.net, but then automatically changed to my own username, at which point I thought everything was going to work ok, but alas no Sad

I've tried a couple of factory resets through the admin panel between last night and earlier today, and initially the username reverts back to tr069 then changes to my own personal one. when the username is on tr069 it shows connected to Internet, but this then immediately disconnects when it changes to my own personal username, this makes me think that something is not quite right with the setup at Plusnet, although when chatting to them last night they did say that everything looked ok at their end.  Hoping it sorts itself out, but not that hopeful over a bank holiday weekend

rogers

Fix

Quick update

Managed to get through to customer support on phone and had a level 2 tech person who was able to check account and found the activation has stalled in the system and needed a tweak to get it through. Very helpful and had it up and running within about 10 mins, said that the customer support agent I spoke to yesterday wouldn't have had the access level to clear the problem hence why they couldn't sort it yesterday.

If only I got through to this person yesterday on first call, but all is good now and all up and running Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to our community forums @rogers

Apologies for the bumpy start. I'm glad to hear this was rectified quickly.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
huangward

I have the same problem and followed their u-tube support which doesn't work. I have tried calling but they never pick up the phone and cannot login to report the fault because they won't accept my password even after I reset it. Can anyone help?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi  huangward

I can see you got in touch with us this morning and that we got you sorted. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team