cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer : Activation Query

daviebob

New customer : Activation Query

My phone line went live yesterday and the internet installation was due to be done yesterday too. Now I note that my internet isn’t yet activated but was wondering if there is anyway to get an estimate of when it will be? Mainly as I am eating up mobile data and it getting quite pricey.

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer : Activation Query

Hi there.

I've checked your broadband order in the hope I'd see it completed, unfortunately the engineer who went to carry out the work for your fibre connection yesterday found a fault on the line, which prevented them from completing the job.

The next planned completion date is showing as 27/12/2018. As this is a long way off, I've got in touch with Openreach to discuss this, and I've been advised they're expediting the order to task an engineer out sooner.

This should happen on the 18/12/2018 but as they've just amended the order completion date it can typically take 1 working day for the order to commit to this. 

I've raised a support ticket on your account, which you'd likely receive email confirmation about, so we can follow up next week and provide you with an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daviebob

Thanks for the information Gandalf, especially for getting the date moved up, it appreciated 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I almost fell off my chair when I saw it was after Christmas.

Fingers crossed the work goes smoothly next week!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @daviebob

I've checked your order following the engineer that went out.

Unfortunately I've been advised that further work is needed and they've arranged to send out a multi-skilled engineer, which should happen within the next 2 working days and I'm asked to check back on the 21/12/2018.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Orders

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'