cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection

caney97
Rising Star

Re: New connection

The wire from house to pole has been changed, all the connections along the wire to the green box have been remade, we have had a new junction box inside the house, the first socket had been changed , the wire have been changed to another pair. Some of this has been done more than once. Nothing lasts. So thank you for your comments and input but anything that can be done has been done and still we revert back to slow speed and dropping connections again. At the moment it is brilliant,but we have been here before and I am not convinced yet that it will last. Every engineer says all the others haven’t diagnosed it properly and they will fix it this time which turns out not to be true. The faulty power supply may have contributed but it has been there during all inspections. Willing to try anything now as we are fed up with. Having said this Plusnet have been great and have achieved the most in trying to get it resolved. Thanks Plusnet and particularly Anoush (Gandalf).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the feedback.

Let us know if the faulty power supply wasn't the cause of the problem and I'll reopen the case with BT and escalate this higher up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Over the weekend I've been discussing this with our suppliers and instead of waiting for the problem to return, we'd like to raise this a case to the Director's Service Office (DSO) to further investigate the fault.

This is the highest point of escalation we have at Openreach.

In order to start the process we would need to book another engineer visit though.

If you're happy with this please could you reply to the ticket on your account with some dates for another appointment with at least a 2-3 day lead time which will give us time to escalate this accordingly.

Cheers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Hi Anoush, I have replied to this in my account.

regards Brian.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks Brian. I'll reply shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet