Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New connection

I think we're (finally) there. Your fibre order has completed and I've activated your account.

Please do let us know how you get on when you're home. I've also added an offer for a gesture of goodwill to your ticket.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Dear Anoush,

thanks for the update. I will let you know how it goes over the weekend. I will accept your goodwill offer of 4 months free broadband. 

Thanks for your efforts I know it was out of your hands. Just annoying to have to wait so long from placing the order. I look forward to getting on line tonight:)

caney97
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

just one question. I see I have been charged a £30 cessation charge for the cease on my line due to the broadband not being removed from my phone line when you told BT I was leaving. Surely I shouldn't be paying this should I? It was not my fault the line had to have this action put on it. This charge virtually wipes out your goodwill gesture which I am not happy about. Please let me know your thoughts on this?

caney97
Rising Star

Sorry, I have now read the explanation of when this charge may be applied and see I have not been charged it. It would only apply at a later date under certain circumstances. My mistake, should read all the info before shouting too loud;)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all, I'm glad we've managed to get there in the end.

I will accept your goodwill offer of 4 months free broadband. 

I'll add that onto your account now.

I'll also keep ahold of the ticket on your account in the (hopefully unlikely) event there's any issues when you've setup your router.

Yeah the cessation fee is showing as activated on your account, which means it'll be applicable in certain situations should your broadband service leave us. More info can be found here. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

iI have connected and switch on the router. Waited 20-25 mins and light goes solid orange but no connection is made. If I navigate into the hub manager the username is setup@plusdsl.net and not my user name. Is this correct?

caney97
Rising Star

I am using my mobile broadband to do this messaging.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Setup@plusdsl.net is the username used for the automatic setup.

Is your router still plugged in now?

Testing your line is showing the circuit out of sync. The kind of result we're getting indicates either the router isn't switched on or there might be a potential cross jumpering problem on the Openreach network.

If your router was switched on at the time I've run the test just now, I'm leaning towards the latter, because a solid orange light on your router indicates the router is in sync whereas the circuit we're testing is not in sync.

It might also be worth plugging your router into the test socket as explained below.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Failing that, looks like we may need to raise a fault and book an engineer visit. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

I have removed the socket face plate and plugged into the socket behind via a filter and still no connection.

caney97
Rising Star

I have now reassembled the face plate and plugged back in. The orange light flashes and then goes solid and stays solid orange. No connection!

just when we thought the end of this problem was in sight☹️

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @caney97

it may take a while for your router to complete auto set up. Sometimes they just won't complete,  in which case you can log into the router  hub manager at 192.168.1.154 using your Admin password ( case sensitive password)

Then enter your broadband user name and password in the format username@plusdsl.net and your Plus Net  account password ( the same one you use to access the member centre)

Also log into the member centre and then navigate to this page

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

if the line is active it should tell you

Telephone number: (The line you are using for the boradband service )
01xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone exchange:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Estimated line speed:
xx Mb (This may vary between xx Mb and xx  Mb) - Checked on 2017-11-23 13:13:03
Current line speed:
xx Mb

Good luck

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like we'll need to arrange an engineer visit as part of a fault investigation. Sad

Can you reply to the ticket or text message I've sent with your availability for a visit?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In addition, I know this is probably the last thing you'll want to hear, but whilst testing your line I noticed your connection is on a hot SVLAN at the exchange. This means that the equipment is congested, which will likely cause speed problems.

It's estimated to be fixed on the 26th January but I'll see if we can move your connection over to a different part of our suppliers network instead. I'll update you on Monday with regards to that.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

If you tell me what days are available I will have try and get time off to be at home. I will try and work in with you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

At the moment, we've got availability from Monday next week. Either AM or PM.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Tuesday p.m. if possible please.