Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New connection

To follow up here. Your phone line is showing as ceased now, so I've placed an order to reactivate it.

This should happen either tonight or tomorrow. I'm off home in a few moments so I'll check back tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
harrow
Rising Star

The disappointing thing for you is your broadband and phone line will be served from exactly the same telephone exchange, the same dslam, the same mdf, the same cable pairs and the same street cabinet PCP, the same DP that was used before.

So if you had trouble before, then WHEN it happens and your order is progressed you will get the same service you had before,

run now and cancel your order, use mobile broadband or virgin media.

You will get the same as you had before.

It's only the badge on the front that changes to PN.

I did not realise PN was this bad.

PN, where did it all go wrong ?
harrow
Rising Star

And it is all completed by the same engineers !

caney97
Rising Star

Hi harrow, I do get what you are saying. I have considered all the options. We can’t get Virgin where we are and i’m Using mobile broadband at the moment which is far too expensive to use as a permanent solution. The point of moving was to pay a lot less for a service that I realise might be akin to the service I have left. Sometimes you have make the most of what you can get at the best price. I can only try to get it improved if it is slow as it was before. PN say I should get a minimum of 34mb once it has settled down, we shall see? As far as I’m concerned it’s in writing so it’s part of the contract I signed up for.

harrow
Rising Star

Well I paid extra for a new router and I have still not got it.

I am using my bt home hub with the new PN user name and password.

If I knew what PN is like I would not be here.

PN have good adverts and thats all thats good.

caney97
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

i have been told tonight that my phone line account is now active and if I log into my account online the status has changed from being prepared to working which seems to back this up. Therefore I hope you can now place the order for my broadband. I look forward to hearing an update from you tomorrow. Fingers crossed you can get things moving now😉

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm glad to hear that! Looks like we're making progress finally.

Hopefully I can get your broadband order in place tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

I can’t say that I am happy to hear my broadband won’t be connected until the 19th Jan. That will be a full month without it, 6 weeks from order! So now I have got to wait another week using expensive mobile broadband which is not great. I know it’s beyond your control but I can’t see it’s that difficult to make the connection when it was already working. I get that you have done your best and I do appreciate your efforts. I just can’t be happy about the timescale.

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

This may be off topic , but i think the reason for your problems @caney97 ( and those of  a great many others) is the inept way that BT runs it's Wholesale and Openreach arms. They frequently don't communicate efficiently, or at all,  with the ISP's including BT Retail and the other BT owned companies, including Plus Net & EE.

I'm sure they do get it right sometimes , (and of course we rarely if ever hear about them on these forums)  , but are BT even willing to think about ways to improve things for situations such as yours so that custmers don't experience such long lasting problems? They seem unable and unwilling to do anything about it. If there were a viable alternative in competition then BTW & BTOR would HAVE do more to keep customers happy. At the moment it seems they just cannot be bothered when things go wrong because there is literally no reason to be bothered. It's a disgraceful attitude.

caney97
Rising Star

I think you are right. Open reach have the monopoly so they can do what they want.

harrow
Rising Star

In answer to your post,

openreach has to operate independently from bt retail and bt wholesale otherwise the likes of ee and sky would say they are operating unfairly

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Yes of course they BT OR and BTW are independent but they are too big and as the previous poster has said they have a monoloply so it doesn't matter to them who is the ISP they are dealing with  -  all ISP get the same Good or BAD service,  when it is bad and they do nothing to set things right. They certainly don't apologise ! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies for the continued delays in getting your service up and running.

The initial committed date on the fibre order I placed was the 29th, and our suppliers expedited it to the 19th. Sadly they couldn't bring it forward any more as ultimately even expedites are subject to engineer availability.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Good morning Anoush,

hopefully my fibre broadband is being connected today a.m. as planned. I am hoping for some good news at some point so that I can go home tonight and turn on the new router and start using my new connection. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fingers crossed! I’m in the office at 11:30 so I’ll check up on things a bit later on.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet