cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection

caney97
Rising Star

New connection

Hi, I am a new customer hoping to be connected to Plusnet tomorrow 18th December. Problem is that since signing up, paying my money and being offered that start date I have heard nothing more from Plusnet. No router has been forthcoming and no communication from Plusnet either. I have had plenty of contact from BT trying to stop me leaving but to confirm that if I do nothing my service will cease tomorrow. If anyone from Plusnet is reading this have you any idea what is going on please? At the moment I feel like I may be without broadband by the end of tomorrow but honestly I don’t know? Any help appreciated. Regards Brian.

124 REPLIES 124
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: New connection

If you've your log in name / user name and password then go The Plus Net member centre

https://www.plus.net/index_nlp.html

Log in and check on the progress of your order. You should  have been getting emails from plus net detailing the progress. 

Then if you're still concerned phone them to find out what's happening. Hiccups are not unknown and can be caused by system problems. 

Sturgi

My suggestion would be stay with BT more expensive but decent speed my PlusNet Fibre speed is abysmal and wish I had never left BT

caney97
Rising Star

Hi Sturgi, my speed with BT was rubbish most of the time so thought I might as well pay less for a rubbish speed. BT are just about to increase my payments for the same [-Censored-] speed. They never did get it fixed in 4-5 years:(

caney97
Rising Star

I have checked there and it just says it is being processed. Seems daft being offered a change over date and then not hearing any more.

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Hi

when you do receive an answer i suspect the blame will fall on provisioning , saying something like our suppliers are experiencing provisioning problems - which basically means they have a backlog of work due to lots of new orders and insuffficient staff. In some ways this is inevitable at this time of year! 

perhaps a plus net staff member will pick this thread up and give you a full explanation.

keep this thread open and once you are connected perhaps you'll also find help from the community with the speed problems. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @caney97.

Looking over your order it appears to have been placed correctly, however we've not received much in terms of updates from our suppliers.

I'm chasing this up now and will aim to get back to you with an update as soon as I finish discussing this with our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I have discussed your orders with our suppliers and I've been advised the orders have become stuck on their systems and not progressed as they should.

The appropriate case has been raised on the order to correct this issue on our suppliers systems and we've been advised to check back for an update tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've been advised that your services with your current provider should continue as normal until our orders complete to take the service over.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Hi Harry, thank you for your efforts it is very much appreciated. Lets hope you can get me an answer and turn this into a positive experience joining Plusnet. I know things get held up from time to time it's just nice to have an idea of what is happening. keep up the good work, thanks for answering my post.:)

caney97
Rising Star

My Broadband has been cut off by BT today. They are obviously working to the plan originally set out by Plusnet but because Plusnet have not delivered on their promise I am left without internet and phone. I am now being told that I cannot get an answer from Plusnet about a resolution of my new connection problem until the 28th December. This is not good enough. I was told my connection should stay until my new connection was made and now that turns out not to be the case. PLUSNET WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!!! It is not good enough that I will be without these services all over Christmas and probably into the new year. I am having to type this at work due to lack of internet at home. I need some action please!!!!!

runhare
Aspiring Pro

Hi @caney97

You are quite right to be annoyed.

All of the problems you are having are down to BT, whose systems for customer migration are unfortunateley very inflexible. I think they prefer they are kept like that to put customers off migrating. 

Did you at any time tell BT directly you were leaving them? I hope not as if you have, your downtime could be quite protracted as BT may have put a cease on your line. As long as you have not, then there is a slim chance that if a Plus Net may be able to put things right. Don't let them blame BT for the problems and try to get them to take ownership and keep you informed by phone text and email as to what is goign on .

@HarryB is Plus Net Staff and has already intervened once. Harry - can you help sort out this agravation? Perhaps  he can be given an explantion in plain English as to why this new customer's order has been ballsed up!

caney97
Rising Star

My experience joining Plusnet

I was getting a rubbish service from BT with slow fibre broadband speeds down to 1mb when paying for up to 56mb. This was never fixed properly and when the speed was reset it soon fell back to dial up speeds (over several years). I thought it's time for a change as BT were increasing my payments unless I signed up for another 18 month contract (which would have saved me £2.50 a month). Being fed up with speaking to Indian call centres and having seen the Plusnet add using British call centres with English people only here to help (NO PROBLEM) I decided this would be a good move. They hype says you need to do nothing other than sign up with us and we'll do the rest informing BT you wish to leave and move. I thought GREAT!! 

I was offered some dates for the change over which I selected the 18th December. Having finished the application and paying my money I sat back looking forward to my new broadband and phone service. i even got an email from BT the same evening saying they were sorry I was leaving and my contract with them would cease on the 18th Dec. I did get messages from Plusnet to say my order was being processed and they would contact me with further progress along the way. We got closer and closer to the 18th and still no word or any new equipment for me to plug in. The 18th came and went and nothing happened. I made contact via this forum as i was concerned i would lose my broadband and be left high and dry with no phone or broadband. I was told there was a problem and my order had been placed but was stuck in the system. However I was assured that my current connection would remain until the problem was sorted. WRONG!!!! 

I got a message from BT yesterday saying my contract had now been terminated and they would be preparing my final bill. In line with their message my broadband connection went midday yesterday although I do seem to be able to receive incoming calls (don't know about making calls and how these would be charged for so not trying that). I was told yesterday that enquiries into my new connection with Plusnet are on hold until the 28th December which now leaves me with no phone or broadband service all over Christmas and at this rate well into8 the new year. There will probably be a hold on my phone line now so I can't even try to go to another supplier. 

I have learnt a lesson, don't always believe what you hear in a flashy adverts on the telly. What is being advertised sounds perfect when in reality all is not what it seems. I am keeping rather calm about this as I do not want it to spoil my Christmas celebrations. Good job I'm not using Sky services otherwise it might be a different story.

If i'm honest I do regret my decision at the moment to have made this move so close to Christmas but I am not convinced the experience would have been much better at any other time of the year. I resigned myself to the fact this is not going to be a quick fix but I do feel there ought to be some form of recompense/compensation from Plusnet. Watch this space I am hoping for some response from a Plusnet employee.

By the way I am writing this at work due to my lack of broadband connection.

Happy Christmas everyone.

I will just add, how am I supposed to check my email for updates over the Christmas with no internet connection? Plusnet you should have my mobile number on record.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Two identical posts released from Spam Filter and duplicate rremoved.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

My Broadband has been cut off by BT today. They are obviously working to the plan originally set out by Plusnet but because Plusnet have not delivered on their promise I am left without internet and phone.

I'm sorry to hear your phone and broadband connection has stopped with your current provider. From what I can see our orders haven't progressed to a stage where engineering work has taken place and we haven't yet taken over the line.

Have you contacted your current provider to look into this from their side?

I am now being told that I cannot get an answer from Plusnet about a resolution of my new connection problem until the 28th December.

I'm chasing this up now instead of waiting.

I'll post back when I've discussed this with our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

So I've been advised that the system issues has cleared and the order should progress to stage 2 within 24 hours where an engineer is allocated to complete the work. Sadly, due to the festive season the review date hasn't changed.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
caney97
Rising Star

Good morning, I am hoping for an update today as promised. I am struggling here with no phone or broadband. Please can someone from Plusnet let me know what’s going on today?