cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build, massive issues getting phone and internet - NOT Happy

sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

Re: New build, massive issues getting phone and internet - NOT Happy

Thanks for that Adam. Why didn't they know this when they sent him out I wonder? They've known from day one the type of build and therefore the type of install required. Words fail me
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I am sorry about that, it will either have been overlooked by the contracted engineer or that notes pertaining to that weren't avalable to them. I'll make sure that gets passed on to Openreach as feedback. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

I haven't heard from BT as to when they arriving today. I've taken the day off work so I really do hope someone arrives.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, there isn't a set slot time for them to come out today with it being to complete external work. I've checked the order notes and it's still due to be worked on today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

So, OpenReach engineer attended on Monday to complete the ducting work and carry out the necessary connection work. As soon as I started shaking my head he knew there was an issue.

How many times do I have to say to you lot, this is a NEW BUILD - a new build that has never had anything connected to it in the past, EVER!!

Why do you keep misinforming BT?

How hard can it be to tell them what needs to be done?

OpenReach guy (who was very helpful by the way) said we need a BT surveyor to come out to gauge what needs to be done - when I told him I've known this since November he then started shaking his head.

The incompetence of PlusNet I find quite staggering and I#ll not only be launching an official complaint but I'll be cancelling the contract and will be receiving the money back they were all to quick to take on day 1.

I'm absolutely steaming about this. November 5th was the day I requested PlusNet. January 21st and we are absolutely no further forward

Don't bother escalating or pushing this forward anymore. I'm just not interested

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi there @ sparrowsendbarn.

I realise the frustration you have expressed and apologise for the engineer's visit not being as productive as anticipated. The ordinance of the land and upkeep of records is purely an Openreach premise and is not something that Plusnet would be involved in unless the Openreach asset already existed but was not recorded correctly, in which case we may be required to submit a robotic request for correction. As your address is referred to by suppliers as a "non-Gold" provision there are no known assets at this property location, ultimately our suppliers would know from the outset that planning and surveying would be required as part of the provision journey as well as relevant ducting or routing prior to installation. The process can inevitably take time depending upon what logistical issues are experienced along the way, we are therefore subject to waiting for the suppliers to fulfill their provision.

My colleague has ownership of your ticket and is scheduled to catch up with you on his return to the office, in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact him via the ticket if you require any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@LordFoul  So in your long winded and waffling reply are you trying to say that Plusnet are in no way responsible for the total screw up that has taken place over several months? I would beg to differ.☹️

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

How hard can it be to tell them what needs to be done?

and there's the problem in a nutshell! No one can tell Openreach what needs doing. All that can be done it to place an order on OR, they decide how to provide and what needs doing, its THEIR network. It seems that OR knew from the start it needed a survey (its a silver key address in THEIR database), yet they still send engineers (twice) to do the install when it seems no survey has been done to actually determine what needs doing. Either that, or they have done a survey, but not booked the correct engineer and told them what needs doing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

So, to cut a very very long story short, we hired in a private contractor to get the necessary cabling and trenching done right up to the house (OR engineer last month said if we had that done he would be able to connect to the house and "do their bit"). He also said if a BT surveyor comes out, they would be looking to install telegraph poles, the cost of which would run into the thousands. You'd think we've built a house on some remote island!!!!

All cabling work done, BT are apparently attending on Friday...........fingers crossed.

Also, I'll be looking to Plusnet for compensation (this was agreed verbally on the very first day I complained) as our mobile bills have been at least treble what they usually are. Do I need to call the usual number or is there another way any of you very helpful guys know of?

sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

You couldn't make it up. Plusnet have just emailed informing me the external cabling work has now been completed and that an appointment to finish the installation has been arranged for march 1st.
I know the external cabling work has been done. I paid to have it done myself!!!! Give me strength 🤦🤦🤦
Ten more days to wait. That'll be pretty much 4 months from start to finish (if it gets done then). It only took a few more months to build the whole dammed house from scratch!!!
Who do I need to contact re compensation. We've got to be looking at a years free rental at least for this farce.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'm still monitoring the order for you so I'll make sure we arrange a good will gesture when the service is up and running. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

Question 208785346 has been updated

Hello Ben,

Account username: sparrowsendbarn

Our Support Team have updated Question 208785346 with the comment shown below.

Dear Mr Rutherford,

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm really sorry about that. I've chased that up with Openreach who advised that the soonest possible date for the installation to be completed is on 4/3/21 between 08:00 and 13:00

Thanks for all your patience and I'll be monitoring the order in the meantime to make sure that goes ahead.

Kind regards,

Adam Walker
sparrowsendbarn
Dabbler

Funny that because BT called me back after I've been chasing them myself and they are attending here tomorrow between 8am and 1pm to finalise the installation.
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@sparrowsendbarn - Thank you for getting back to us, I have updated the complaint ticket with your comment so Adam can pick this back up when he is in tomorrow.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @sparrowsendbarn, that hasn't been reflected on any of the order notes from Openreach that we can see but I'll keep monitoring the order from our side for you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team