cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build house new installation / silver address

harriet12

New build house new installation / silver address

New build nearly completed and Openreach have advised we need to source our phone line / broadband supplier and once order in system this will activate Openreach to proceed with connections to cabinet etc.
The address is a silver address at the moment we believe.
PN can offer very basic broadband - we understand this is because the connections to cabinet etc have not been made yet so no provider knows yet what type of connections are available?
How do we action an order so that it notifies Openreach?
Is it called an ORDI?
Is it possible to place an order for basic broadband and update the package once line is established?
And lastly do I need to place this order over the telephone to ensure it’s actioned properly?
Hoping you can help as call centre and online chat confused when I try to discuss with them?
16 REPLIES 16
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: New build house new installation / silver address

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @harriet12

Welcome to our Community forum. I can see that you already have services with ourselves, so I'm assuming you're wanting to initiate a House Move? If so, please contact our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632.

In regards to the provisioning of your service, we'd take care of everything, and will liaise with Openreach on your behalf. You're right, in that we'd have to process the order as a Silver Key, and until a phone is provisioned, we won't be aware as to whether Fibre broadband is available at the property. So when initiating the new contract, we'd have to process this as ADSL broadband.

There's nothing stopping you from upgrading once the service has been provisioned though.

If this is not a House Move, and you're wanting a separate account for your new property, call out Sales Team on 0800 432 0200 and they'll get the new account created for you.

If you'd like, give me a shout once the House Move / New Account has been set up, and I'll place the orders myself. Bare in mind though that with Silver Key Addresses, we'll only be able to place the Broadband order once the phone line has been installed and is active, so it'll take a little longer to get up and running.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
harriet12

Hello Adam,
Thank you so much for your help! I am an existing customer but the new line etc will be for my parents so will be a new account. I will call the sales team today and come back to you about the order, thank you so much!
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great stuff @harriet12

More than happy to help. I'm around until 20:00 today, and will be more than happy to place the orders once you get back to me. Smiley

Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Harriett,

A warm welcome to the forums.

@harriet12 wrote:
New build nearly completed
Is it possible to place an order for basic broadband and update the package once line is established?

Many new builds these days do not have copper infrastructure but are instead being "blown" with fibre optics.  Consequently no copper borne services (POTS / ADSL / FTTC) might be available and thereby (at present) Plusnet are unable to offer communications services.  Are BTOR building out a FTTP or traditional copper local network in this new build build development, is the key question to be answered here.

Moderators Note: Correction made.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

harriet12

Hello! The Openreach surveyor advised me it would be copper
harriet12

Hi Adam,
I called yesterday afternoon with my dad to set up his new account. The lady placed the order - and booked a date for Openreach engineer to do the socket - but today my dad received an email saying the home phone order had been cancelled?!?!
Provisioning team closed when I rang and customer services unable to help…
Is this a familiar scenario? What could have happened? Any advice appreciated! Thank you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Most probably issues within BTOR’s databases for services to the property / locality. If the infrastructure to the new build is not yet complete it will not be possible for anyone to request service to an individual property. Are there green cabinets in the streets yet? Would you know if distribution wires have been run to individual properties yet? Often in new builds still using copper, circuits are run to the outside of properties ready for the installation of the final ‘drop’ wire when a service connection is ordered.

I hope that the information provided to staff clearly states the reason.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

harriet12

Thank you so much for your reply.
Yes I’ve definitely seen green cabinets - one by the new house and one out near the main road at the top of the drive. There are also two or three bt access points with the grey slab laid in ground.
Only the one house being built.
The ducting has been laid / is underground but the cables haven’t been laid as told we had to get a provider in place first by Openreach and then the builder was doing the final lay of cable in property perimeter - I think this ties in with your last comment?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @harriet12

Thanks a lot for getting back in touch. Please send me a private Message with your dad's account username and I'll be happy to check out what's going on here.

Adam
harriet12

Hi Adam,
I really appreciate your help.
How do I private message you?Huh
I did call PN this morning and was advised that whenever they try to submit the order it comes back as “fttp site order only” but this is definitely not the case - the Openreach surveyor has said it’s FTTC. Underground ducting laid as had it mentioned to me about over ground by PN member.
I spoke to him again today and he said he cannot help (he’s a brilliant chocolate teapot) and that PN should be able to refer the issue back to the appropriate Openreach team!
On a side note - Could a nearby development of 15-20 houses/flats on same postcode as us be confusing the matter as I understand they can get fibre / can pay for fttp connection so are there some wires crossed somewhere (not literally!).
Thank you and do let me know who to private message you
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

How do I private message you?

@harriet12 Click on Adams name ( the adam945 in pink ) and you should get to his profile page https://community.plus.net/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/96188 . On the right hand side there is a 'Send Private message' box. Click that and you can enter details for the message and then click the 'Send message' box

Hope that helps

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@harriet12  if you click on someones name/avatar you will get a view of their profile and an option to send a message on the right hand side of the page.

HTH.

Ooops, too slow, 

@MisterW  beat me too it !!

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@harriet12  A lot of new builds are FTTP only so that could be the problem despite what the the Openreach surveyor says. Or it could be the usual Openreach confusion over the actual address, it is up to Plusnet to find out what is going on.