Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband order delayed/cancelled

jamesk36

New broadband order delayed/cancelled

Hello,
iam upgrading my broadband and also moving my phone from bt to plusnet
I logged in into the website to find a support message there:

There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.

We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.

[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.

I just want to make sure my order is going ahead as planned as i dont want to end up with no service.
Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New broadband order delayed/cancelled

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately this is because you have a open order to transfer your phone to us.

We can't place the fibre order whilst this is the case but you won't lose your current service either.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Could this have been done as a SIM order?

If not (in terms of managing expectations during the order process), why would an order which could be anticipated to fail be raised before the phone service migrates?

Is there an opportunity for improving process here ... with a consequential better management of user expectations?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Townman wrote:
Could this have been done as a SIM order?

Unfortunately not. We can't place a modify order from ADSL to FTTC as a SIM provide.

@Townman wrote:
If not (in terms of managing expectations during the order process), why would an order which could be anticipated to fail be raised before the phone service migrates?

Is there an opportunity for improving process here ... with a consequential better management of user expectations?

It looks like automation is trying to place both the fibre modify and the line transfer at the same time. I'll pass feedback on to see if the communication can be improved.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet