cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband customer - already disappointed!

RS2

New broadband customer - already disappointed!

Broadband was to be activated today. The engineer who came around yesterday to set-up my phone line said a different team needed to fix something externally but promised it would be sorted out this morning well in time for the scheduled activation of broadband. I called customer services yesterday and they confirmed it would all be sorted out.

Broadband isn’t active. I keep receiving texts about a delay to my service with no further info about when to expect it to go live. The provisioning department is closed tomorrow so no one has any answers for me. Doesn’t help that it is a 30 - 60 min wait to get through to Customer Services. Called them five times since I signed up for the service during off-peak hours as I was on leave from work and it was a long wait each time. No surprises that when I called the sales team before I signed up for the service they put me through immediately and I didn’t have to wait at all.

Very apprehensive about the service and already thinking of cancelling.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: New broadband customer - already disappointed!

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that there's been a delay to your order.

I can see you've spoken with somebody this morning who's dealing with this personally for you.

We'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RS2

Hi Matthew,

The response I have from them is very disappointing and doesn’t make sense either. Also the person I spoke with promised to call me back with the info but instead sent me an email asking me to call which is ridiculous at the wait times to get through to you are between 30-60 minutes. I’ve called at least 8 times in the last 2 weeks and have had to wait for a minimum of 30 minutes each time.

I’ve been with many different suppliers and never had such disappointing service both in terms of setting up, following through and ease of getting in touch with customer service for support!!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

From what I can see we've contacted you this afternoon with a further update?

Let us know if you have any further questions

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RS2

Just to be clear, no one ‘contacted’ me. No one from customer support ever has gotten back to me despite saying they would. I had to call back and wait for 40 minutes before my call was answered.

Anyway broadband did go live that day and I have to say I am very disappointed with the speed. Not only is it much slower than my previous Sky broadband but the internet also keeps dropping randomly. For the last hour the router is all green but has disappeared from my list of networks on my phone, Mac, tv etc. Turned it off and switched it back on again. Worked for 5 minutes and then disappeared again. And customer services is closed so no internet on any other device apart from my phone until I can ring them tomorrow!!

I think I made a mistake by choosing Plusnet. It continues to be disappointing.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @RS2,

I am very sorry for the experience you've had in your short time with us and can only apologise for the frustration and stress that is been caused you. With your broadband this can be slightly erratic for the first ten days of service while the line is settling. If you are still having issue with the services after these ten days please get back in touch so we can investigate further.