cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband but no idea when starting

Kirstykbart

New broadband but no idea when starting

I signed up for broadband (fibre) on the 27th and my current provider stopped today. I assumed the plusnet would be starting soon but I haven't had a date at all. Nothing seems to be showing in my account except that it's in progress. Is there any way to find out when it should start and hurry it along? I'm now without internet with no ideas on the timescale for our new service.

Thanks

Kirsty
11 REPLIES 11
Kirstykbart

Re: New broadband but no idea when starting

And as if by magic I now have an activation date - 21st august. Now have 11 days without internet which seems very unfair since the whole thing has been handled by plusnet (I didn't cancel our internet from our end). Is they any way to speed it up at all? I use internet for my business so I really need it back as soon as possible.

Kirsty

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Kirsty,

We've placed an order to take over an active line.

There should be minimal downtime except on the day of the activation. I am sorry that you're unable to get online. I would recommend contacting your current provider so that they can raise a fault to further investigate this from their end

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kirstykbart

I've spoken to our previous provider and they say the fault is with you as you have taken over the line. Is it because there needed to be a new phone number? It says that's active today.

Kirsty
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm just doing a bit of digging Kirsty

I'll provide an update shortly

@Kirstykbart

Thanks your patience.

After a length discussion with our suppliers, we've found out that due to a delay with Openreach, the order became committed in their applications today which was when it was expected to complete.

They're therefore placing a request to expedite the order. The earliest that they can unfortunately set the date for is the 14th August. We'll follow up on the day. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kirstykbart

Thank you for digging around and your help. Can you also make sure our router/broadband box gets dispatched soon too as not heard anything about that and don't have it here yet.

Thanks so much

Kirsty
tracymbuckley
Grafter

yes , they are appalling , the " we care " tv ads are NOT TRUE !  they appear not to give a toss

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Kirstykbart

Just to let you know on here too, we should receive confirmation of your activation date shortly. We'll let you know via the ticket once we do. I've also sent you your new router which you should receive within a few days.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to echo on here with what I've updated your ticket with, your order has now completed and your router has connected to the internet. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tracymbuckley
Grafter

Hi , any idea on how my "new house move "  order   for September 15th 2017   is progressing ? i get messages saying there has been a problem with the order and we will get back to you , the last message ( text ) was yesterday but no one got back to me !!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've progressed that for you now, and updated your ticket here

Our provisioning team will be in touch once we have more info.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tracymbuckley
Grafter

OK , BUT why has it gone astray in the first place !!!!   Nothing seems to run smoothly with the process ?