Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and confused

FIXED
nixy
Dabbler

New and confused

I previously had my phone and broadband with Sky and cancelled.  As I was nearing the end of my notice period with Sky I signed up with plus net.  I received an email on 22 February to confirm my order and that I had paid £24.99.  Since then I have heard absolutely nothing.  Is this normal or should I be making enquiries?  My Sky contract has now ended and I am without phone and broadband, which isn't a big issue but I have no clue when I will get the new service.

5 REPLIES 5
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: New and confused

Hi @nixy

Thanks for getting in contact. I am sorry to hear you have not received any correspondence as of yet. I have created a support ticket on the account for you with details of your order. You can view this ticket here

If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to get back in contact 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Nixy,

A warm welcome to the forums. The act of cancelling service with Sky will
Have caused a series of issues here. They will have placed a service cease order on your line. That inhibits any other ISP from raising new provision orders until after the service ceases. There is some risk that you will lose your previous phone number.

It is important that when changing suppliers that the new supplier is left to make all of the arrangements, specifically advising the old provider of the transfer dates.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Thank you for your continued patience. 

As Townman advised unfortunately by contacting Sky they ceased your line before we could provide service. 

Due to this we had to place orders to restart your line with your fibre activation being on the same day. 

Your billing only starts from when your service is active so your initial fees cover you from then. 

If you require further assistance please feel free to get in touch as we are more than happy to help. 

Alice provided you a direct link to follow your ticket process.

Thanks.

nixy
Dabbler

Thank you for such prompt help, it's really appreciated.  I don't mind having to wait as long as I know it's all in hand.  The explanation provided makes perfect sense.

Thanks again! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I've just checked on your orders and everything seems to be going through smoothly.
Let us know how it goes on the day of the transfer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet