cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account, switch-over does not appear to have been activated on activation date(today) -what now?

JulieWulie

New account, switch-over does not appear to have been activated on activation date(today) -what now?

Hello, I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I switched over from my previous provider to Plusnet, and was given a confirmed activation date of 9th April. I don't know if I'm meant to wait until a particular time etc. but this doesn't appear to have happened yet. I cannot use the ethernet cable to check as I don't have any ethernet supporting devices, so I'm just waiting for the power light to turn from orange to green, and the broadband light to stop flashing. So far its been about 30 minutes. Thanks a lot Smiley

5 REPLIES 5
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: New account, switch-over does not appear to have been activated on activation date(today) -what

It is normal for activation to be completed any time up to midnight on the activation day.

I am sure that this is indicated in all Plusnet correspondence for new accounts.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: New account, switch-over does not appear to have been activated on activation date(today) -wh...

Hello @JulieWulie 

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Many thanks. 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: New account, switch-over does not appear to have been activated on activation date(today) -wh...

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

JulieWulie

Thanks for this, there wasn't anything in the correspondance I received that told me it could take up until midnight! It appears my old provider have also cut off my service from their end so I can't do any work today, if I'd known I'd have gone into the office.

Anyway, thank you for your reply, I will wait until 12am to see what happens!

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Just let us know if you need any further assistance @JulieWulie.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team