cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router

privert4587
Hooked

New Router

My contract is coming to an end, I am quite willing to renew but I want to know if I could get one of the new routers. The original one I got was rubbish and so I used my own NetGear one. I would like to know if I would get the newer router if I was to commit to a further 18 months

4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: New Router

I'm betting that its still the rather poor Hub1 router being offered.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Trixiemay
Grafter

It was Hub 1 when we joined about a month ago.  Went ok for a while then slowed to a full stop after a few days.  Reboot and ok for a few days.  Best stick with your own router.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @privert4587

I'm afraid the router we sent you out is the only model we offer currently for Fibre customers

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

BT to charge people £50 for keeping old wi-fi routers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51294395 

Since December, BT's contracts have stated that the company retains ownership of the wi-fi routers and TV set-top boxes it sends to customers.

The company told the Financial Times that it would "refurbish" the returned equipment so that it could be reused.

Rival Virgin Media already operates a similar policy.

BT told the BBC the change would eventually apply to its EE and Plusnet subsidiaries too.

It will charge customers between £43 and £50 if they want to keep their router, depending on the model.

Keeping the BT YouView set-top box will cost between £60 and £115.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."