Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order

Jimbo23
Dabbler

New Order

What an absolute joke!!
Go live date of 17/05 promised by 3 different PN advisors.
Now it has been revised to 23/05 due to a supplier issue.
I placed the original order 24/04
I wish I had chosen someone else.
What an absolute joke!!!
Don’t use Plusnet there are better options
23 REPLIES 23
banjomir
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: New Order

I'm in the exact same situation as you.

I placed my order on 27th of April and was promised it would go live on 17 May. I also expressly asked if there would be any downtime and was assured that plusnet would coordinate with my previous ISP so that there would be no downtime.

17 May, 9am, previous ISP disconnects me from their broadband service and I am without internet. So I immediately call plusnet and I am assured that my new connection would be live by midnight, 17 May. 

18 May, nothing. So I call again and am told there is a delay. I complain about this to the rep on the phone and he says his manager agreed to send me a Mi-fi hub with free wifi until my service is connected since me and my wife are both working from home, so we absolutely need to have internet. Later in the day, I receive another email update saying there will be a 48 hour delay which may only be resolved on the 20th.

Today, no Mi-fi hub in sight as promised, so I call again. This time I am told that no, they would not send out a Mi-fi hub under these conditions. I refer to the email and text I received in which this is promised to me. No explanation this time of why this was promised to me, except that this person now tells me no Mi-fi hub is being sent out. I asked to talk to a manager. I am denied!

What an absolute joke. Massively regret going with plusnet, but like you, my hands are tied and I am at their absolute mercy. Can't now cancel and go elsewhere since that would probably cause even longer delays and who knows what kind of cockup they made with taking over the phone line (or simply not doing it at all, no one can give me any answers).

It is ironic how plusnet prides themselves on their customer service, just to be given the absolute worst service I have ever experienced from an internet provider.

Once everyhting is set up, they had better compensate me (as they also promised) or I will be going to the communications ombudsman for a resolution. You should do the same.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@banjomir, thank you for your time on the phone just now and for your understanding with this. 

As explained it's a system issue that has delayed the order and we're expecting an update tomorrow. 

I've taken ownership of this as a complaint for you and will be back in touch on Monday.

You should now have received an email notification to say I've updated your account and please let me know if there's anything further I can help with in the meantime, I'll be available until 8pm today. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jimbo23
Dabbler

I feel your pain honestly I do.

I now have astronomical mobile data bills for my wife and kids as they need internet too.

I am so exasperated by the whole situation. My first customer service advisor told me I would go live 9th of May. Then it was changed to the 17th May. Now it’s the 23rd May. From a company that is owned by BT. I just don’t understand. Plusnet should spent more time fixing their new customer service instead of having flashy adverts on the Tv which promise the best service ever.
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@Jimbo23 Yes, must be infuriating. But please remember that your incoming connection socket and everything beyond it is owned, controlled and managed by Openreach who work to their own satisfaction. Openreach were once owned by BT but they have been independent for years.

So these repeated delays are down to Plusnet's supplier Openreach, not PN, and while PN are indeed owned by BT this has no further bearing on supplier problems -- which if you look at the BT forum seem to happen just as often to their customers as well.

Jimbo23
Dabbler

Day 30 since placing my order and still not connected.
To add insult to injury my order tracker updated yesterday to show everything was complete apart from activation and the service would go live on the 17th of May.
This is just awful.
banjomir
Grafter
Fixes: 1

That is terrible, man! There clearly is a fundamental flaw in Openreach's systems. They really need to up their game because internet access has become an essential service for the vast majority of households. Would have been nice if at the very least plusnet's own progress tracker updated reliably...

I really hope you get yours sorted soon, mine is supposed to go live by the end of tomorrow so we'll see how that pans out...

Jimbo23
Dabbler

Just had a text message saying possibly another 2 days.

“ Plusnet:The work has now been dealt with by the correct team and they have advised that you will have service in the next 48 hours”

Not holding out much hope to be fair
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Jimbo23 I've just checked over your account and I'm sorry things aren't resolved yet, we've been advised they should be within the next 2 days. Do shout up if their not and I'll make sure we escalate it further. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jimbo23
Dabbler

Escalate further!!!

I placed my order 30 days ago.
I would have expected the problem to be escalated as far as it could go.
Jimbo23
Dabbler

At least you get phone calls keeping you updated.
I’ve not had one yet. One woman promised to call me back and never did. I get the odd text message and sometimes someone from plusnet replies on here. Otherwise who knows what’s going on.
Fingers crossed you are on today or tomorrow
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot for taking my call just now and for your time. I've flagged a complaint on your account and have taken ownership of getting this resolved for you. There's an escalation with Openreach now and I should have an update tomorrow for you so I'll get back in touch then. 

Here's link to where I've documented everything on your account: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=233336228

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jimbo23
Dabbler

My phone line activated today and I have my first bill issued so that’s a start.
Still no internet access but hopefully it comes on today.
On another note the local Vodafone mast has dropped out so I’m wandering round the house trying to find a signal and 4g.

Will it ever get better
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @Jimbo23 How are you doing today? I just tried calling and left you a voicemail. 

I've popped an update on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=233336228

I'll pick this back up next Tuesday when I'm back on shift but do message or call back in the meantime if you need to. 

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jimbo23
Dabbler

Update

I called Plusnet yesterday evening and asked for an update.
The advisor said my order was showing as complete and also incomplete with Openreach. I don’t know how that works but that’s what he said.
He said he could just try and activate our broadband anyway. He did and it came on straight away. It may have been ready days ago but who knows.
So 33 days after placing the order we are now plugged back into the matrix.
If anyone else has the same issue might be worth asking them to try and activate you anyway. Worked for us
Now to see about compensation