Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order - Struggling to contact call centre

FIXED
LiamRS24
Hooked

New Order - Struggling to contact call centre

Hi,

I'm looking for an update on my order. I've had some issues admittedly due to an error made by myself when ordering and I called and thought I had rectified these problems. Originally I entered an incorrect postcode which I called and seems to now be fixed. The second problem was that I used a landline number of the previous owner of a house I have just purchased in order to get better speed estimates, unwittingly not knowing this would mean Plusnet would try to take over that land line. I called to rectify this problem too and was assured the original order would be cancelled and I would get a new landline number. However, I seem to be receiving emails suggesting that Plusnet are still trying to take over the old landline number. I've tried to call on three separate occasions but end up waiting in a 30 min queue for customer services only to be told I need to speak to the provisioning team which is another 30 minute wait then to be cut off after waiting for almost an hour in total.

Please can someone contact me to confirm the status of my order and how much longer it is going to take? I'm aware I am still within my cooling off period and I'm tempted to cancel the whole order to save my self the hassle of trying to repeatedly deal with 1 hour+ wait times for customer services as I'm becoming increasingly frustrated. I ordered on the 27th October and the latest email I had said activation would be on the 17th November which seems a bit excessive.

Many thanks,

Liam

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New Order - Struggling to contact call centre

It looks like the current provider of the line have actually cancelled our takeover request. I'll get the order replaced and update the ticket on your account for you shortly.

It looks like when the initial order was cancelled, a second ticket was generated to notify us the initial order had failed and this ticket was picked up before the one with notes advising you didn't want to retain the number.

Granted the advisor should have checked the account more thoroughly and seen the notes advising you wanted a new number. I've passed feedback on regarding this.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
LiamRS24
Hooked

Hi Harry,
Thank you for the response. I do feel like this is going to cause even further delays to my internet being switched on. Please can you inform me of the new date this is due to take place as if it is delayed further I'm seriously considering cancelling my contract. Not being able to contact anyone in customer services within a reasonable time and then finding out problems I had waited over an hour on 2 separate occasions to get rectified were not actually fixed has left me feeling extremely frustrated and that I don't have any faith that any potential problems in the future will be managed in a satisfactory manner. Please can you look into speeding the process up where possible.

Thanks,
Liam
LiamRS24
Hooked

And despite what we have discussed I've received yet another message (see attached) stating my phone number will be the number I've stated for a third time now I don't wish to take over.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@LiamRS24

I've updated this ticket on the account to clarify a few things. If you could take a look and let us know if you need anything further. The number that has been assigned to the order is different to the original one entered on signup. 

LiamRS24
Hooked

Hi Joe,

Having read the full notes and the phone numbers being different that is now fine. Thank you for sorting this out, I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Liam

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@LiamRS24, no worries, I think it's more of the system still seeing the old (cancelled) order and registering the number assigned to that incorrectly. So apologies for that, but glad everything looks as it should.