Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order Issues

akTeddy
Dabbler

New Order Issues

Hi,

I placed my fiber broadband order online on the 1st of August 2019, with the assumption that i would be active within 15 days.

1. Plus net sent me an email on the 12th of August saying that my phone line will be activated by the 28th of August.

2. I then received an email from Sky saying they are sorry i'm leaving and will let me know by mail regarding the date they are terminating my service.

3. On the 13th of August i received another email saying my number will be transferred on the 30th of August.

4. I received a text message on the 13th saying that my broadband is due to be activated on the 31st of August.

5. My online account order tracker is on the 'First Payment' stage, and says "We're taking a first payment of £15.99 for your account." (I already made the first payment so what is this additional £15.99 for as it is not mentioned anywhere when signing up)

As is evident from my timeline so far Pluset have not placed my order in time, and the service looks to be delayed to the end of the month. Based on this i have a few questions;

- As i have already paid for the 1st month, and will not have any service till the 1st of September, will i get charged in September again?

- What is the additional £15.99 that for? i have already made the first payment.

- Will i go onlne on the 28th, 30th or 31st?

- When do i receive my router?

- If i do not get online on the 'promised date' what happens then?

- Does the cancellation period of 14 days start from the date of activation, or from the date of sign up?

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: New Order Issues

Hi @akTeddy,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry for the delay you have experienced.

On occasion there are delays within our automatic order processing system which appears to have had an impact on you here.

I have responded to your questions via the ticket on your account here

If you need anything else then feel free to get in touch.

akTeddy
Dabbler

Hi Warwick,

Thanks for your reply, I'll wait till the 31st of August to see if i get online. 

akTeddy
Dabbler

Hi,
With 1 week left for my activation. I haven't received any meterial such as the starter pack or the hub. Is this normal, with other providers i used to get at least a letter in the post confirming what was happening.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @akTeddy

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've taken a look and your orders are all committed and everything is progressing for the completion date advised.

Usually your router would begin the dispatch process around 6 working days ahead of activation, I have processed this manually for you as well so will be with you in time for your activation date.

If you need any further assistance just let me know.

akTeddy
Dabbler

Thanks for your help.
akTeddy
Dabbler

I'm supposed to go online today by 12pm. Sky disconnected their service yesterday. I'm getting a bit worried since i have had no updates from Plusnet.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @akTeddy,

I am sorry to hear that your order has not completed and for any inconvenience this has caused. Having checked your order I can see that there has been a delay received, however it does not state any further details than this and we will need to chase this up. Our suppliers are closed over the weekend, however I can assure you the relevant team will chase this Monday and keep you update here.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
akTeddy
Dabbler

Thanks for your timely response. I should have been notified by email or text if there was a delay. I wasted a full day at home waiting for the broadband to go live. I am not really happy with the level of service currently being received, in fact i had to chase up the order for the router myself as your system hadn't dispatched it on time amd now this. Been waiting for a full month to switch over and we'll be in the next month. I'm actually considering cancelling my order and going elsewhere as if this is the level of service at the start what's going to happen further down the line. 😒. The attached image is from my user dashboard taken today.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @akTeddy,

I am really sorry to hear this and fully appreciate why. We didn't receive a notification of delay until the day the order was due to complete, however I do appreciate that we could have communicated this more effectively on the ticket I referred to you previously.

This is not the experience we want any of our customers to have when joining our service and I am sorry you have had to contact us for the router and an update on the order. I can assure you it is with the relevant team who will chase an update for you when our suppliers are open on Monday.

Once we have your services up and running, we would be happy to discuss your overall experience at that time.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
akTeddy
Dabbler

Thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully everything is sorted soon.
akTeddy
Dabbler

It seams that shortly after your message, i got an email saying broadband is now live. I have connected everything up and am online. Will let you know if any further issues arise. Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @akTeddy 

I'm glad to see that your order completed last night and you're up and running now. I've checked the order out and it appears the delay was caused by engineer availability to carry out the fibre work at the cabinet(The green box in the road). An engineer went out yesterday to carry this out this and your order then completed shortly afterwards.

Apologies for the inconvenience this had caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet