Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order Concerns

FIXED
T-ARS

New Order Concerns

Morning

We placed an order for unlimited fibre a couple of weeks ago, with an activation date set at 18th December and have received word from BT that our existing account will be terminated on the 17th December.

As (according to this forum) there seems to be a lot of "errors" with new orders, I have been tracking ours to ensure there are no problems - no internet over Xmas will not be good in our house.

On the order tracker, it still states "we are trying to take payment" (see attached pic), and has been on this for a week. We have had no contact since the "welcome to plusnet" email and letter.

Please can a staff member check the order status and put our minds at rest, that the order has been placed and all is in readiness for the 17th? I am slightly concerned with the amount being taken also - £20.99? I have just paid £45+ for the service and set up, and the monthly cost (broadband & phone) should be £35.99!

Thanks in advance.

Call me a worrier ...

4 REPLIES 4
Rapthorne
Rising Star

Re: New Order Concerns

I doubt they would start the order without first taking payment. How did you chose to pay? When I signed up I paid with my card (not bank account) and payment was immediate.
CPU: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4GHz
GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
Case: Red/Black NZXT S340 Elite
T-ARS

Hi

Payment was made with card and a direct debit set up for the monthly amount. The initial payment was taken immediately and was successful ... hence my concerns (about the progress and the odd payment amount they are "trying to take").

Thanks

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Fix

Hi @T-ARS

Thank you for getting in touch.

I completely understand your concern about your orders especially as the tracker is showing no progress and that further payment needs to be taken. I do apologise that you are seeing this message, as it does appear to be an error.

You orders have been placed successfully and I have updated you on your activation date here

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get back to me

T-ARS

@Satss

Thank you very much for looking into this for me and providing confirmation.

I'll let you know if there are any more problems.