cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation delay

brvo2000

New Installation delay

Hi,

I'm a new member that had an active line with Sky. I decided to join Plusnet as the deal seemed good.

The activation date was meant to be 9-12-17. 

My line with Sky stopped on 8-12-17 as Plusnet took over the line. Fair enough, these things happen. No internet for 24hours, you can live with that. Live date comes and goes, nothing happens. I phone up on 10-12-17 and get told, its been delayed until 12-12-17.

This is now costing me money as I'm paying BT Wifi for daily access. I've contacted customer service today and they say date been pushed back to 16-12-17. 

This is not right, it's costing me almost same for 1 week access to keep my net active with Sky as it will for 1 month cost with you if you did what you agreed to do.

Ofcom have put forward proposals for £6 a day compensation automatic (customer do't need to ask) for this type of delay. £10 a day for line faults.

I want to know what is happening. I would go on chat, but it's never working since I have joined. surprise, surprise, sales chat works fine.

Please let me know what's happening. 

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Installation delay

Hi there and welcome aboard.

I'm sorry to see things haven't gone to plan.

Our suppliers have advised us that the fibre engineer was unable to complete the work on the broadband side of things, because the the work for the phone line wasn't completed by the line engineer at the time they had picked the job up.

The line engineer completed the work towards the end of the day, but ultimately, the job had then been passed back into their engineering work-stack to be allocated out at a later date, which sadly is the 19th due to engineer availability.

Basically, it looks like the fibre engineer went out too early. I've even discussed this with a team manager of our suppliers, but they're unable to expedite the order as the 19th is the earliest available date that's showing for them.

With that said, I'm trying to escalate this further I'll keep you updated via this ticket on your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brvo2000

Thanks for getting back to me.

That's a fair enough reason, though the phone line was up and running around 13.00 on 8 December. With activation not due until 9 December, I'm not really sure where the problem was. That being said, it doesn't really matter to me and I'd just like my line up and running.

I genuinely only chose Plusnet over BT because I was getting a slightly faster Fibre (76mb to 56mb) for the same price. I'm starting to regret that now. BT, SKy, Talk Talk have agreed to do the automatic compensation with Ofcom for exactly these reasons. I don't care about compensation as I just want my line working when it was meant to. I'm left out of pocket because of this, so once the line is working (as will cost me more to keep paying pro rata for net access until 19-12-17), I'm going to ask for some form of compensation as it's unfair. I know it's not Plusnet's fault directly as Openreach manage the line, but still, it won't be enough just to say we won't charge you for the time we haven't given you service. 

It's like going into a restaurant, ordering starter, main and dessert. I don't get my starter and you say sorry, I'll take that off the bill. Well I would hope you wouldn't charge me for a service you haven't given me.....

That we can worry about later, let's discuss when everything is working. Please keep me updated.

Thank you,

brvo2000

Actually please let me know the following. If your company policy is only to not charge for a service you haven’t provided and zero compensation. I would then like to know how I completely cancel the order if that’s The case. I will expect to not be charged anything and the payment I made up front to be refunded. Do I just apply with a preferred supplier?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That's a fair enough reason, though the phone line was up and running around 13.00 on 8 December. With activation not due until 9 December, I'm not really sure where the problem was.

That's basically what I pointed out to our suppliers.

Actually please let me know the following. If your company policy is only to not charge for a service you haven’t provided and zero compensation. I would then like to know how I completely cancel the order if that’s The case. I will expect to not be charged anything and the payment I made up front to be refunded. Do I just apply with a preferred supplier?

If you're wanting to cancel I'd call us on 0800 013 2632. However, I'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill when this is resolved, if you'd like to continue on with your order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet