cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre router not arrived

steveyg
Hooked

New Fibre router not arrived

My router was apparently sent 1st class early this week according to 'Track my order' and has still not arrived, activation is meant to be Monday 12th.

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New Fibre router not arrived

Thanks for getting in touch @steveyg

It looks like your fibre upgrade date has been pushed back to the 16th due to engineer availability which is why your router hasn't been sent out yet.

I've ordered the router for you manually and we'll get that to you in time for your activation.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steveyg
Hooked

Disappointed I had to chase this myself to find out, especially as I was recommending Plusnet only yesterday to a colleague.

Also, the 5 day delay isnt great, been waiting for 2 years on this estate to get Fibre.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us.

I agree the situation is frustrating and we'll pass your feedback on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
steveyg
Hooked

Hi

You stated that my fibre upgrade will commence on the 16th, which is today.  Will I be informed when it has actually happened or should I just keep checking the speed throughout the day?  Its still at 3Mbps at the moment.

Thanks

Steve

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Steve.

I can see your fibre order completed at 12:22 this afternoon, the product change to fibre is still pending on your account and I'd expect this to complete within the next 24 hours however this shouldn't affect your speeds in any way.

I've tested your line and I can see you're getting around 40mbps as a download line speed and 10mbps as an upload line speed which is a big increase to what you've had. Let us know if there are any issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet