cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FTTC install

imposter63

New FTTC install

Hi FTTC has just been enabled in my area so I ordered , The thing is I do not have a BT mastersocket in the house but what looks like an old 1970,s junction box with one wire coming in from outside then one wire going to a socket on the wall .

Will the engineer sort me out with a new master socket ? or do I have arrange that first?

Hope someone can help

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: New FTTC install

Hello there,

Fibre installations are a self install process, so the engineer would just complete external work usually at the cabinet. You should be able to use your existing socket.

If you experience any connection problems down the line we would be able to arrange a fault engineer to investigate further, however, if the issue is with the internal socket/wiring the visit may be chargeable.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jude-
Hooked

hi I have just gone over to fibre optic I have been told a master box with two separate connections adsl and phoneline with built in filter is a better option than the single openreach master box which I have currently  would it make any difference in replacing it as to be honest its been quite a journey and not really noticing that much more in the way of performance and figures.

jude-
Hooked

your better off having a word with a local engineer as normally a change of master box is down to you. You could try mrtelephone.co.uk he is on youtube also and i hear very helpful with general advice at fault finding before calling out costly engineers.