cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer

katemac

New Customer

You’ve taken over today and I’ve been left with no internet connection. I’ve spent over 6 hours on the phone today as well trying to speak to someone and I still haven’t managed to get through to an advisor!
4 REPLIES 4
Corkie

Re: New Customer

I too have newly joined, Activation today so i have lost my internet. No router has arrived. Ofcom should deal with this as most people cannot wait for 8 weeks for lack of service to be sorted. Try ofcom! I am already discusted with plusnet and already want to move

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch

@katemac I'm really sorry to see this. I've looked into this and I can see that the order looks to have got stuck in the supplier system awaiting the existing provider to accept our request to import your number, which meant that our services didn't activate on the day your previous services were ceased.

It's disappointing to see you've decided to cancel as we could've escalated this with our suppliers to get you back up and running asap. Again I do sincerely apologise for the break in service you've had and wish you all the best with whoever you choose to go with.

@Corkie I'm sorry for the delay. I can see the transfer completed this morning and as per the advice we provided when you signed up "You may experience a small amount of downtime as we switch your service and then you'll be up and running" along with "Your order could complete at any time on this date, up to midnight"

I've manually pushed the activation through on our side now. Your router was dispatched by Royal Mail 1st class standard post on Monday night so I'd have expected you to have received this by now. If you've not got it yet, before we order another I'd advise allowing a couple more days as there may be a delay with the post in the area. 

I apologise if you don't receive your router today and there's further downtime. If that's the case let me know when you've got the router and I'll be happy to discuss a fair and proportionate goodwill gesture for the inconvenience.

It's probably worth noting to stick to one thread rather than cross-posting across multiple as per the forum rules

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Typo corrected.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
katemac

Well considering I was on hold for 6 hours yesterday as soon as I managed to speak to someone this morning I cancelled. My previous provider who I have never had an issue with has told me you have taken over the supply and don’t know why you’ve said it can be cancelled. I’m contacting Ofcom about you as I have had to take two days off work and it’s looking like I’ll have to take a third day now. Your company is the worst I have ever dealt with!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your time on the phone @katemac I'm sorry for the issues with your order. As discussed when one provider places an order to takeover another provider's service, this consists of two orders in the Openreach systems; one order to stop the previous service and another order to start the new service.

The order to stop your previous service completed yesterday and the order to start our services was stuck due to the import of your landline telephone number. I can see there is a stopped line showing at your address we can restart and reprovide your broadband service. The lead time for both is 7 working days however based on the delay I can ask Openreach to expedite the order for a sooner date if possible (it'd be based upon engineer availability still though)

I'm happy to do what I can to put things right with you and make sure you're up and running as soon as we can. Ultimately though you've advised me that you don't want to a service from us now. I apologise that we've let you down and wish you all the best with your new provider.

If you change your mind and would like to me to assist, please feel free to reply to this ticket Here or give me a call on the number I've provided in the ticket as this is the direct number for my department (Customer Advocates). I'm not in the office tomorrow but I am available on Friday and this weekend.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet