Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Understanding how the process/progress of setup

FIXED
Officejet
Dabbler

New Customer - Understanding how the process/progress of setup

Hi,

We are trying Plusnet for the first time after a bad experience with our SKY Line rental & Broadband.

The Plusnet package we purchased on Tuesday, was through Moneysaving expert - Line Rental & Broadband (See Pic A).

We've recieved an email from Plusnet that our go live date is 31/05/18.

This is the first time I am transfering to a new provider - so have some questions please:

1. When can we expect the router to be dispatched? Is there going to be a tracking number.

2. Are there different models/versions of the router - is it possible to ask for an idea of what's avaliable?

3. What do I have to tell SKY? (e.g. Do I have to call them to cancel? Do I have to ask them to port the number across?)

4. Can both the Landline & Broadband transfer to plusnet be arranged seemlessly? (My contracted 12 months for the SKY package ends on 29/05/18).

5. When will we recieve the £75 Plusnet cashback card. Is there anything you need us to do for this?

6. How long is our contract?

7. The kids in the house are avid gamers - are there any throttling policies with plusnet?

8. Sky have gaming profiles for the line - does Plusnet do this too?

Hope somebody can guide us through our first move to Plusnet.

Thanks!

Officejet

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New Customer - Understanding how the process/progress of setup

Fix

Hi there. Welcome to our community forums.

1. When can we expect the router to be dispatched? Is there going to be a tracking number.

It's usually 48 hours before your activation date but from looking at your account I understand you're wanting it sent to a different address? If you can PM me the address I'll be happy to arrange that.

Routers aren't sent tracked I'm afraid, they're delivered Royal Mail 1st class.

2. Are there different models/versions of the router - is it possible to ask for an idea of what's avaliable?

We can only provide one type of router for the type of service you've ordered.

You're free to purchase and use your own router though connecting it using the settings here.

3. What do I have to tell SKY? (e.g. Do I have to call them to cancel? Do I have to ask them to port the number across?)

Nope, the order we've placed should've notified them that you're moving to us.

4. Can both the Landline & Broadband transfer to plusnet be arranged seemlessly? (My contracted 12 months for the SKY package ends on 29/05/18.

From what I can see your order is due to complete on 30/05/18. There will be a little downtime on the day as the work is completed but everything should be up and running before midnight on the day.

5. When will we recieve the £75 Plusnet cashback card. Is there anything you need us to do for this?

If you signed up under a cashback offer you'll receive an e-mail to redeem this within 10 working days of your broadband service going live. You'll then have up to 2 months to fill out the form included to receive your reward within 30 days.

6. How long is our contract?

That information can be found here.

7. The kids in the house are avid gamers - are there any throttling policies with plusnet?

No, we don't throttle your speeds.

8. Sky have gaming profiles for the line - does Plusnet do this too?

Our Pro Add-on effectively adds traffic prioritisation for certain time sensitive activities, gaming included.

More information can be found over here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-plusnet-pro-addon/

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Officejet
Dabbler

Dear Anoush,

Thanks for the reply. 

Please do not act on the router yet - I will be in touch in due course.

I am sending you a PM with account details - so you can help me with my other question only:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/New-Customer-Have-Question/m-p/1540842#M30342

officejet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries @Officejet we'll hold off on the router delivery until further contact from you.

I've replied to your private message btw.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet