Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Not connected

stevenrose86
Hooked

New Customer - Not connected

Hi all,

I recently signed up to switch to Plusnet from and all-in package with Sky. On Tuesday (21st) Sky handed over control of my line to Plusnet, who have not sent me a hub/modem/router/any hardware. Luckily I managed to get through on the phone on Tuesday, and after an hour on hold was told that Sky had made a mistake, and I should ask them to reconnect me whilst it is resolved. Sky said as they no longer control the line, that would take 2 weeks, and that they had responded to all Plusnet's requests.

Tuesday evening Plusnet got back to me to say the problem was with Openreach, and they had taken my acount off the automated system, and would ensure it was sorted out manually. Since then I have not been able to contact anyone via phone/email/Facebook/Twitter and so have turned to here.

If someone from Plusnet can let me know when I am likely to be back online, and not using my mobile phone data up, that would be great.

Steve

TLDR: New customer, hasn't been sent any hardware and can't contact anyone at Plusnet

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: New Customer - Not connected

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post removed as bumping is against the Forum Rules.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for taking my call now, as mentioned I'm keeping an eye on the orders for you and have added more information on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=203659351

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stevenrose86
Hooked

I received a text message this morning informing me that my line should be ready "by midnight on August 13th". Is there someone I can talk to, or a number I can call about compensation? This will have left me without any home internet for about a month! We have paid for services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+) that we have been unable to use for the month. My wife is attempting to work from home and, like many on here, we are having to use our mobile data to do anything online. 

The people I have dealt with have been very understanding and professional so far, but the service is absolutely shocking

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@stevenrose86 

You could try a PM to the PN staffer who contacted you.

To be honest it sounds like Sky messed up on the transfer.

stevenrose86
Hooked

Originally they blamed Sky, but it seems to have been Openreach getting the blame fr the past week and a half.

stevenrose86
Hooked

Just posting to update that we should be connected by midnight tonight. The individuals I dealt with were all very personable and helpful, however getting to them was a nightmare and this fault should never have occurred in the first place. Something needs overhauling from the top down at Plusnet. I hope that the customer service improves for the remainder of my contract

*definitely not a bump*