cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer / New House

SamJac84

New Customer / New House

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help?

I placed my order online on Sunday 9th November for Unlimited Fibre. I received a text message advising that my home 'phone number had been created on the 12th November and the same day I received another message advising that my broadband service will become available on the 26th November. On the order tracker the progress seems to be stuck on step 4 'First Payment' and step 6 'Hardware'.

Is almost 2 and a half weeks a typical turnaround time from day of order to estimated broadband availability?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: New Customer / New House

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting your broadband up and running. Looking into this, I can see the phone line was already physically in place so we were just able to remotely activate it within around 24 hours.

Unfortunately when we placed an order to provide fibre broadband on the line, this committed to activation date of the 25th November due to engineer availability to connect the line to the right fibre port at the cabinet(The green box in the road).

Initially we actually requested the 18th (The minimum lead time our suppliers request when fulfilling fibre orders is 5 working days) but engineer availability pushed it back a week I'm afraid.

The completion date of the 26th we've provided may actually be a little confusing with the way our system displays this. It's referring to by midnight 00:00:00 on the 26th whereas the order could complete anytime before 23:59:59 on the 25th.

I've also updated your account to reflect that our suppliers are processing your order, so you should see the order tracker a little differently now. While we normally post a router out a few days before an activation date so it arrives just in time, as I'm here I've pushed the router order through manually so you'll receive it a lot sooner.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SamJac84

Hi Gandalf.

Thanks for all of your help, much appreciated. I received the router yesterday, so I will wait for the activation email/text on or before the 25th November.

Thanks again

Sam

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're more than welcome @SamJac84,

Let us know how it goes please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
SamJac84

Hi Beyhive.

I'm having issues connecting to broadband. The bar on my router has now turned a solid orange and the orange 'b' appears for 10 seconds, dissappears, then reappears. I have tried to restart and unplugged the router a number of times, but nothing is working.

Would you be able to have a look at this for me, please?

Thanks
Sam
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @SamJac84

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I can see there is a mass service outage, although it was due to be fixed 8pm today & all tests indicate that currently. Could you try resetting your router by popping a pin/hair pin into the back of the router for 20 seconds. When the light on the front of your Hub turns green, release the reset button.

Let us know how you got on. 

Thanks.