cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Broadband Order - anyone's every gone smoothly?

alliemac82
Hooked

New Broadband Order - anyone's every gone smoothly?

I’ve been reading your forums and quite frankly am getting a little worried. I placed an order on 19th for broadband and phone services, I’ve had no confirmation that this has actually gone through just states pending we'll process shortly. Normally when I’ve switched before I get an update next day at minimum and I’ve had nothing. My current broadband and phone will cease on 30th August and I wanted as little interruption as possible. Reading your forum multiple customers have had to wait well over a month to be connected and if this is the case I would rather cancel my order and place it with somebody else. Anyone actually had their phone and broadband switched quickly with no issues?

9 REPLIES 9
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: New Broadband Order - anyone's every gone smoothly?

Hello @alliemac82,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining our service.

I am sincerely sorry if the posts you have read have caused any distress. I can assure you that we do aim for transfers to go as smoothly as possible and in some cases this can go wrong. A lot of our customers will use this support channel when anything goes wrong or support is needed and we are always happy to help.

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@alliemac82 

Yes, I did , phone off for about an hour, BB off for about 3 hours, these times expected. All happened on the due date.

Only concern was the PN hub turned up the day before, but wasn't a problem as I had my superdooper modem all programmed ready to go.

Time to provide service is down to OR Sad and I expect all ISP's get the same service Smiley

Unlikely you will see many success stories on here.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

My current broadband and phone will cease on 30th August and I wanted as little interruption as possible

@alliemac82  when you say that, is it because you have cancelled directly with your current provider or is that a message from them as a result of the transfer request they received as a result of your PlusNet order ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alliemac82
Hooked

No this is because I have cancelled directly with my current supplier

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@alliemac82  Assuming your current supplier is one that uses the normal BT network i.e not  Virgin Media then I'm afraid you could be in for a delay. If you've cancelled directly then the old supplier will have put a cease order on the line, no other supplier will be able to place an order until that completes ( presumably 30th Aug ).

To get a smooth changeover you shouldn't cancel with your existing supplier, merely place an order with the new supplier who will then arrange the transfer. 

Hopefully one of the PN Help team will check the situation and advise further...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @alliemac82

The information provided by @MisterW is correct.

I have provided a full update for you here

Please feel free to let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kind Regards

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
alliemac82
Hooked

I have now got my old company to remove the cease on the line so hopefully now you will be able to give me an activation date?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @alliemac82

Thanks for getting in touch about your order.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your order here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch