cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never ending LLUMS case

zjaml1

Never ending LLUMS case

My internet was due to be installed on 25th January and it has still not been set up. Nearest I can tell from the various updates this is because openreach have identified an LLUMS issue - likely that there are no working fibre ports available in my building cabinet/exchange. I have received constant delays in completion dates - it usually goes fix by monday, then doesnt happen so follow up update by wednesday, then doesnt happen and repeat. This has gone on for a while now and I've been living in my property for nearly a month without internet.

I dont have any clarity on whether openreach is actually actively doing anything on this issue to fix one of the fault ports or install a new port / wiring.  I get the feeling they're not actually doing anything / not coming on site and are simply waiting for a working fibre port to become available - presumably if someone moves out?? Or more likely hoping I just give up and drop the issue somehow. But then this presumably becomes a problem for whoever next moves in anyway?

This is all incredibly frustrating and whilst I understand its not plusnet's fault given openreach manages the infrastructure. Its getting to the point where it feels like this isnt ever going to get resolved.

I've raised a complaint directly with openreach from their website but am not sure what else I can actually do to get this fixed. I'd just like some clarity on what the specific issue is and whether they have a solution and when it will get fixed by ...

thanks

zane

7 REPLIES 7
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Never ending LLUMS case

Hi @zjaml1 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that your fibre installation isn't going as smoothly as both you and we would have liked. I can see when checking your account/ order and as you've advised there is currently a LLUMS case preventing the order completing. LLUMS cases (with orders) are usually associated with our suppliers awaiting equipment to complete the order and as you've been previously advised this is due to faulty ports being found when trying to connect the service. I apologise if you were under the impression that the dates we keep giving you for us to check back is for when the order is due to complete however these are more so review dates with our supplier to see if the case has been resolved and if then the order will complete. From my experience LLUMS cases can very much vary from a few days to several weeks/months but we do regularly check for an update with our suppliers to get you online as soon as possible.

I can appreciate how much frustration this may be causing and did push a little further with our suppliers this morning to try get a time frame on this issue. As well as the review date they have advised within the ticket I've linked below they have also mentioned it's  " a final diary date " which increases our hopes that this may be resolved for you before long. I'd advise then, if the next review date we check this LLUMS case only to results in further delay to the order completing then we do have the option of providing you ADSL in the meantime until the port issue behind the LLUMS case is resolved. Although not fibre, this would get you a internet connection in the meantime whilst our suppliers resolve the problem.

I'll be updating the ticket on your account which can be found here and note my proposed offer to arranged ADSL if the issue does persist further.

zjaml1

Hi Ben

Thanks for responding. Is it possible for you or a someone to speak with someone more senior at openreach/the supplier. As I take it this is their standard response. Just because they say final diary date that gives me no confidence if they haven’t said what they are specifically going to do. I’d really like to know if they are actively doing something given this has been going on for a while with no end in sight. Clearly if they do nothing between now and Wednesday then nothing will get fixed.

On the Adsl route, I was previously advised that this would mean dropping the fibre ticket with openreach so it would reset as a new request, and hence back of the queue and probably another few months before I hear back.

Also what happens to the money I’ve already paid Plusnet for what has so far been no internet at all.

If someone from Plusnet provisioning/order update could call me today that would be helpful thanks.

Thanks
Zane
zjaml1

I’ve managed to get through to someone at Plusnet on the phone. Looks like it’s more likely it will be done by mid week now. Here’s hoping!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Zane.

I'm sorry for the delay you're experiencing with your fibre order.

I've raised an escalation with our suppliers over this though bar provide us with proactive updates (new review dates), they generally don't hold anymore sway over Openreach regarding LLUMS cases sadly.

Once you're up and running we'll be happy to provide a pro-rata refund of what you've paid us for a fibre service you haven't had and apply the agreed gesture of goodwill to your account too.

Feel free to nudge us over here in a few days and we'll be happy to check for the latest updates on this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
zjaml1

Hi,

I am still yet to have this issue fixed. Its coming up to a month since i've moved in and still no internet. I am being repeatedly told someone will be coming to install further capacity and hook up a port but it never seems to happen. I would have thought by now someone with fibre would have moved out and free up a port but seemingly this has not happened either. Plusnet seem to contact the suppliers who then in turn contact openreach or a seperate team which deal with it, but there is no direct communication with the specific tech team and there is no commitment to have it done by a certain date, it just keeps rolling on forever. The usual delay pattern is Monday, update by Thursday, then update by Monday and then repeats again - that has gone on for weeks. The delays do not appear to be caused by the problem being complex, it seems the issue is known and they need to send people out to fix it by installing extra capacity / lines but they are just not doing that. I don't understand how plusnet can have no sway over this process at all and I still feel stuck in limbo. Plusnet team appear to be saying they are contacting the suppliers and the suppliers arent giving any information or concrete commitments and therefore nothing can be done. I don't understand what I have paid £70 for? Its coming up to my next direct debit pay date as well...

thanks,

zane

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi zjaml1@

I'm sorry to hear about your infrastructure delay.

As with any delay we refund for downtime that is experienced but we are unable to pause billing as this causes your account to go into failed billing and can cause closure. I can see we have provided regular updates on this delay for yourself which can be found here

This is also in the hands of our High Level Escalations team who have advised they will be providing an update today for you.

Kind Regards

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@OllieC wrote:

we are unable to pause billing as this causes your account to go into failed billing and can cause closure. 

This is a problem with the plusnet billing system that needs a review!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.