cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! Long ongoing issue

Tychi

Need help! Long ongoing issue

Hey guys,
So I've been trying to switch over to fiber from SKY standard broadband for about 2 months now. I've tried various providers for the activation date to come round and to be told it was cancelled. It's always cancelled by Talk Talk who are my next doors neighbors provider. The issue seems to be that Openreach only have top floor flat on their address checker when there are actually two flats on the top floor. I've had an openreach engineer come over today to install a new phone line which has left me without internet for atleast a week. I contacted sky and they said that my line is still active with them, meaning that I would still be able to use them if the old line was still connected. So technically I could be paying for two providers! This problem has been increasingly aggravating and to now be without internet for atleast a week when I could still be using sky as I wait for a switch over to plusnet is annoying! I've been on the phone for hours and hours collectively and nothing ever seems to get solved. And the more this goes on the harder the situation becomes to explain! I can switch back to my sky for the mean time I've been told but they said it'll be atleast 4 days for an engineer to come switch the line. I still have no guarantee that when fibre is meant to go active, if it actually will work. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Need help! Long ongoing issue

Hi there, 

Sorry to see this and I can understand how frustrating this scenario could be. 

Looking at the latest updates on ticket 159111260 they do look positive and I'm happy that the right process is being followed to get the obviously incorrect address details updated for you. 

I'll keep an eye of the progress of this for you and will intervene if things go off course for some reason. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tychi

Thank you Adam much appreciated!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem!

I thought I'd reply back as soon as I am because I've just spotted that a colleague has placed your broadband order which is great to see. Details are on ticket 160565737. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tychi

Great! The colleague of yours I spoke to said that he'll get me on ADSL for no additional charge whilst I wait for the Fibre to switch over. Which is great to hear as I currently have no internet at all! I received an email stating that the order is due for completion on the 30th. Does this include m fibre connection or is that for the ADSL connection?

Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries! It will be the ADSL connection that's due to go active on the 30th as we have to place orders separately for each of those services. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tychi

Oh right, I was told it would be around 4 days due to an engineer just needing to change it their end. Is there a possibility of it working before that?

Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately not I'm afraid. The standard lead time with our suppliers for broadband orders is 4 working days.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

How's your service so far?

I've just checked your account and I can see your service should switchover to fibre on the 7th.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet