cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO communication re Broadband order

NO communication re Broadband order

I have cancelled Sky and signed up to PLUS NET Phone and Fibre Broadband on 16/03/2020

I have still NOT had any information about when the broadband will be ready to use, or when the router will arrive.

I currently have no internet at home, and I am having to start working from home due to the Coronavirus advice.

I have chased several times and I am hitting a brick wall..........seriously thinking of going back on to Sky!!!!!!

Any help please?

8 REPLIES 8
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: NO communication re Broadband order

Hello @2002418225,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for any inconvenience caused. Having checked the account I can see that we have provided an update here on the 13th of march.

I have also ordered the router which will be with you in the next few days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team

unacceptable wait for broadband activation!

I have now received the router but I am being told that it will be Tuesday 24th before I can even get a date for broadband activation and it could be another 19 days after that!!!!. I had placed this order on 9th March.
We need to work from home during this crisis and this is truly unacceptable. I need to have this broadband up and running please asap!!! Why does it take so long???
Please can I have a logical explanation???
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: unacceptable wait for broadband activation!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Two threads merged to keep support in one place.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: NO communication re Broadband order

Hi there, 

I'm taking ownership of dealing with your order and I'm going to make sure we're doing all we can to expedite the completion date. I'm dealing with that now and should be able to update you further during the next couple of days. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm really sorry to see this. I've just checked your account and can see that your service is due to be activated in a few days time as per what's shown here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=199940551

The delays look to have been due to a system issue so I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team

Ok thank you for the update however that states 6th April to be active which is still 7 days away!! A week working from home without proper internet is very difficult. The tracker as shown below doesn't even state a date. Screenshot_20200330-130006_Chrome.jpg

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @2002418225

I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do to speed that up but once this is resolved we'd be happy to look at a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience cased

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team

Thank you again Matthew, broadband finally activated and all seems pretty fine now, for a gesture of goodwill as suggested can you offer the BT Sport app at half price?