cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router has not arrived and no text to say it has been sent

KASHRICH

My router has not arrived and no text to say it has been sent

I ordered broadband and telephone on 4th January 2022 I have received a text to say my phone has been activated on 5th Jan and was originally told my router would be posted out 3 days after phone activation but I have not received it and I havent had a text yet either to say it has been sent out. Activation of the broadband is supposed to be today,  This is my new property and I work from home. What is going on I am desperate to get my broadband set up. I have already paid a month in advance so why no router?

5 REPLIES 5
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: My router has not arrived and no text to say it has been sent

Hey @KASHRICH

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to our online Community Forum, it looks looks lime you've been in touch over the phone today and have had this matter resolved. While we did request a broadband activation date of today, due to engineer availability, this has been pushed back to 17/01/2022, hence the later dispatch of your hardware. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
KASHRICH

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes I did manage to speak to the lovely CS person [CSA Removed] today who advised the router had not been automatically ordered and has taken my order to the next stage of 'processing' but as it has not yet been dispatched I wouldnt really say my query has been resolved as no router has yet been dispatched. Can you tell me how long it will be between 'order processing'  status changes to  'order dispatched' status?  I am very concerned as I have taken annual leave to ensure I get this broadband activated and am expected to return to working from home on 18th Jan. I do not have any futher annual leave to take so am desperate to get this router delivered and activated

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Ah fair enough @KASHRICH - thanks for getting back to us. So routers are sent out via Royal Mail 1st Class Delivery, and usually arrive within 3-5 working days from when they were dispatched. Based on my experience, I doubt you'll have any issues receiving it on time for the upgrade. Routers are also packaged so that they'll fit through a standard sized letterbox, so you wouldn't need to be in to receive it.

Let me know if you have any further questions at all. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
KASHRICH

Hi again  - I think you are missing the point of my question which is in a nutshell ' How long will my order be sitting in 'processing' before the router is despatched' ?  I understand that it should arrive 3-5 working days AFTER despatch but thats no use to me if its going to sit in 'processing' for another week before it is sent out the door to me.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there,

Our routers are typically dispatched within 1 working day after we order it, and while the ‘official’ timeframe we provide is 3-5 working days from dispatch, we expect a router to be delivered within 2 working days.

I hope this helps. Smiley

[edit]

Just to add, the notification of dispatch is usually sent to us at midnight on the day after the router’s put in the post, generally at around 6pm, so if we’ve ordered your router today I’d expect it should be in post tomorrow, and you should receive the notification tomorrow overnight into Friday. Basically the notifications are a tad delayed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button