cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My router has NOT arrived and wifi has now been switched over. NO INTERNET.

lydiafskinner

My router has NOT arrived and wifi has now been switched over. NO INTERNET.

I had to the text to say the router was on the way but it must have got lost as it never arrived and I have received other post normally every day.

I can't get hold of anyone on the phone or on twitter and online chat people say they only deal with new sales enquiries. 

Has anyone else had this? I just need to be posted a new router but that seems impossible.

I am without internet at a time where I must work from home. 

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: My router has NOT arrived and wifi has now been switched over. NO INTERNET.

lydiafskinner

I'm not technical at all so I don't know if this is possible? We've switched to Fibre on plusnet so would old Talk Talk router work? 

fracas10

This same thing has happened to me. Router arrived, my unlimited BB was terminated so no internet, and I can't get internet with the new router. No answer to phone calls, tweets, or open questions. This is a nightmare. Plusnet have left their customers without any support. What can we do?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'm not massively technical (I should be), but I am guessing if you've switched from standard ADSL to Fibre then you will need a VDSL router so your old one, which I assume is ADSL won't work.

Also, the router may be locked to your old ISP. It should be made illegal if it your property, like mobile phone locking is in Belgium. Of course our government don't do that.

I would keep trying CS and not give up. I had to ring Barclays twice about my mortgage (given what is going on at the moment). First time it took me all day to get through, second time I was told that the queue was an hour long and my call was answered in 2 minutes!

So the first call was of course a pain in the backside, second was not at all and I was quite pleased about that.

Let us know how you get on. You've got alternative such as eBay et al. It depends on how responsive the seller is. Otherwise it is PlusNet.

savemedo
Grafter

I'm in exactly the same situation, or will be tomorrow.

Without internet or phone I will be cut off from the outside world, I rely entirely on my ISP.