cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My previous supplier thinks I have cancelled the change to plusnet?

Stevethecat

My previous supplier thinks I have cancelled the change to plusnet?

Hi, ordered a plusnet fibre optic and line package back on the 9th of April but just got an email from TalkTalk thanking me for staying with them, which was a bit of a surprise to me as I certainly made no such decision! What's going on here, Is the order still going through? If so why are talktalk under the impression i'm staying with them?

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: My previous supplier thinks I have cancelled the change to plusnet?

Hi there.

Unfortunately it looks like the orders have failed.

I'll get these replaced for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I find replies like this totally unacceptable, you have ordered something, why has it failed? I think it is to do with PlusNet's and BT Wholesale's archaic ordering systems which are incapable of dealing with perfectly valid orders. So will replacing the order somehow solve the problem, not really, it seems to be a case of try and try again and it may work. Then another customer will have the same problem in the next few days or weeks and the same thing happens again. PlusNet should be able to do better than this.Sad

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It all depends on which of a whole multitude of reasons BTw / BTOR find to query an order. Clearly the ordervplaced by PlusNET was sufficiently correct to give rise to TT being told of the planned migratiion.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Stevethecat

Yeah, but that doesn't really solve the issue of what stopped it going through, I'm fine with the process being restarted but what's going to stop it going wrong again and is the first I'm going to hear about any issue going to be an email from my old supplier?

Stevethecat

Just recieved yet another email from talktalk thanking me for choosing to stay with them. Less then a day from the order being resent! What's going on?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

Sorry to hear your orders are failing within our suppliers systems.

From what I can see the order we placed yesterday is still open but it's in a delayed state.

I've moved ticket 173009162 into my workflow so I can keep an eye on this for you.

I'll let you know when we receive an update.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like your order kept failing because our supplier systems were automatically assigning the number port to complete on the 7th May which is a bank holiday thus causing the number port to be rejected and ultimately the order itself.

They've manually resubmitted the number port for a different date.

We should receive confirmation of the completion date within 24 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevethecat

Have received both completion date and in the past hour yet another email from talktalk thanking me for staying with them (The 3rd so far). Hope everything is still on track? Not inspiring so far!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Following my update to your ticket yesterday I've checked your order again and I can see it's on track to complete on the 9th May at any point up to midnight.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet