cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My order

Stevec700
Dabbler

My order

Have been trying to transfer my service after moving house, it has taken 6 weeks already and I still do not know if the promised date will be met this time. Without doubt if it doesn't I m out of here no will be looking elsewhere.

19 REPLIES 19
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: My order

Sorry about the experience you've had.

Let us know if the engineer doesn't show today and we'll get this chased up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Stevec700
Dabbler

I wasn't aware that I was getting a visit from an Engineer, I was told that the service would be going live on 17th July!!!!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looking at the account it appears we did advise you an engineer visit was required and you contacted us on live chat previously to query the date this was happening, can I ask if we've told you since that no engineer was due?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Stevec700
Dabbler

It matters not!

once again a total [-Censored-] up by BT / PlusNet!!! Engineer came out, the line allocated to us has been used by another engineer so we STILL have no connection!!!! Total incompetence! no doubt everyone will blame everyone else and the poor old customer is left in the middle, it is disgraceful, now in my 7th week just to get a phone line and internet, it was quicker in 1983!!!!!!!!!!

Can SOMEONE in the organisation tell me when this will be resolved? (please do not apportion the blame, I am not interested)

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that.

Our suppliers have advised us that the provision of service is delayed due to issues with the line plant. I've just contacted Openreach in regards to that. We've been advised that the job has been passed to a multi skilled engineer tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevec700
Dabbler

So I take it that the answer to my question regarding "when will the problem be resolved" is a resounding NO?!!

This tells me , once again, nothing.

I see that the e mail from PlusNet states that the "Question" is on hold until Wednesday 19th!!!! What this means is that

NO ONE from PlusNet will even look at the issue until then rather than chasing up to ensure something happens!!!

Ridiculous!!!!!! But of course the issue is with BT (who happen to own PlusNet)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We can't provide a guaranteed date I'm afraid, and chasing this up with our suppliers before an engineer is assigned isn't going to speed things up.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevec700
Dabbler

The line is now working with regards to telephone, can you advise when the broadband will be activated?

Chris
Legend

Due to the previous order issue we've not yet been able to get a broadband order in place, we should be able to place this tomorrow as we need to allow the line records to update and then provide you a date for this to activate.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Stevec700
Dabbler

Why, after receiving this at 4pm, do I then get, at 4.23 pm, an e mail from Anouilh stating that he has placed the broadband order? Hopefully Anoush is correct, !!!

Chris
Legend

It does appear that the line information updated during the day and he's been able to get the order in place.

Stevec700
Dabbler

I have received the e mail below;

"Dear Mr Caunce, Our suppliers have accepted your broadband order and have committed to activate the service on the 24/07/2017 Order reference: 3-408366479133 Please note that it can take anytime up to midnight on the day for the service to go live. "

Why, after waiting some 7 weeks do I now have to wait a further 5 days just to have the broadband connected?. This will, in total be 8weeks to transfer a service! So far PlusNet have missed EVERY date that has been promised. The latest date given for the "service" to be activated was 17th July. This was missed and the connection (phone) was only made yesterday 19th. Now, the broadband is a further 5 days away!!!! The situation just gets worse and something needs to be done to get this in earlier.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It takes a minimum of 4 working days to activate broadband on a clear line. That's the lead times of our suppliers.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevec700
Dabbler

I do not believe that this is a standard for your company and certainly have never been informed by any of your "support team" that although they may give a date for completion the broadband would take an extra 4 days beyond the completion date!! On 5th June 2017 I received the following e mail which confirms that both the phone and broadband can be installed at the same time! this is either further misinformation or deliberate delay!

"I have now placed an order to install your telephone line and broadband service at your new address. We have requested the installation to take place on the 19/06/2017 and will confirm this in the next few days. If this wasn�t the date you requested at first we have had to request the next available date and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. "